Saturday, 14 June 2014

Johnny In The Morning!

I am running a marathon in the morning. Yep, a marathon. Sometimes I question my own sanity...really I do. Especially when I decide to run a marathon during report card season, job application time and being a teacher in general (IN JUNE!). Super duper apology to all my Blogger buds: I've been psycho busy all week with job hunting and end of year things. I have read some blogs on my phone late at night and will catch up real soon! P.S. I applied to 99 jobs this week! 99!!!!

My post from last year's Johnny Miles Marathon can be found here. :) 

If you follow me on Instagram you have already seen these cool babies I'm sure.  Say hello to my Shwings!


Also, check out these super awesome Lego earrings  a coworker made for me! And they're PURPLE!!! My students love them!

I've done very little running this week in preparation for the race. My muscles feel stellar but I have a few little niggles that I'm aware of with my tendons. So basically, I am running my race smart tomorrow. It's a race where I have free entry and there's a bunch of us doing it so it should be fun no matter what.

Reason #247 why it's important to train in the rain....or whatever the weather: You never know what race day will bring!


For my easy short shake out run this morning I was obviously not going for style, or matching for that matter...lol.
One of the bonuses of running in the pouring rain is that you get the trail to yourself!

After my run I had to pick up a few things and I decided that I'd buy a reward for tomorrow after the race. :D
And I'm not talking about those bell peppers. ;)
This afternoon I met up with my long time BFF Gayla! She's in Halifax for the weekend so obviously we met up for some long overdue chatter. We have been best friends since we were like 4...seriously! lol. 

 Our lunch date included carbs for me:
It's so great when you get to spend time with a far away friend. Especially someone who has known you forever!!! LOL.

And what would my blog be without my guest host Lola Ludy. <3

Well, outfit's chosen, gels are loaded into my belt, Garmin and Ipod are charged, and sneakers are dry, (after this morning's run). Wish me luck! :0
Can you guess which one I'm wearing???
Thanks for checking in on GGR! Have a wonderful day. :)
Are you heading to Johnny?
Favourite flavour of Gu?
Something random you'd care to share? ;)   

Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Johnny Miles Marathon is tomorrow!

22 comments:

  1. Have a great race tomorrow, Heather! I wish I could steal your running wardrobe- you have really nice stuff! I was wondering why you laid out two outfits. I was like... is she doing a costume change at the half marathon mark???? My guess is the pink outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I laughed at the 'costume change!' I was going for pink right up until yesterday...last minute change of plans!

      Delete
  2. GOOD LUCK! You will rock the race and I can't wait to hear how it goes!! That is a ridiculous amount of jobs to apply to - I know you will get one for sure :) Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! That is a lot of jobs, but with my seniority I have to apply to all that I'm qualified to teach that are a full time 100%. I will get one, I just don't know where they'll put me! :0

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I know you will run a great race, as usual!

    NINTEY NINE JOBS?!?! I can't even imagine that many jobs being open let alone applying to them! You will definitely find one that's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha have fun! Love your two outfits! I think I may have missed the post where you were job hunting. Were you on contract this year? GOOD LUCK on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal!

      I am on the hunt because my job was a term for the year. I will get another position, I'm just not sure where they'll put me.

      Delete
  5. I feel like this race came out of nowhere! Have a blast!!

    I totally know how it is during the end of the year...sometimes the blog has to be put on the backburner!! I hope you hear back from one of your 99 schools. I KNOW you'll find a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I!

      Thanks Ali! I should find out before Wednesday where I land....lol.

      Delete
  6. Where did you get shoe wings? So cute! Hope you enjoy the race. That's awesome to have a life long friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got them at a kids clothing store in the mall!!!! But you can order Shwings online too. :)

      Delete
  7. Both outfits are really cute! I'm guessing you'll be wearing the pink outfit too. Good Luck!

    I may have missed something, but why are you job hunting? Where you unhappy at the School district you were teaching at? In any case, good luck with that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was going to be pink, until yesterday!!! lol. Thanks :)

      I was working in a term for the year so I have to apply to other ones now for next school year. I'll get another one, I just don't know where the board will place me. :)

      Delete
  8. Good luck! Love the outfits ;) I hope you get a ton of yummy food after you kick some serious butt in the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmeline! I had a corona and nachos. :D

      Delete
  9. Thought about you this morning when I was out running in the rain with soggy shoes!! Hope you had a great race - looking forward to reading a recap soon :)

    ps. 99 jobs?! That's gotta be a record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! It WAS soggy...lol.

      I believe it is a new record for me in the job world!

      Delete
  10. i can't believe that you applied to 99 jobs! that makes me so tired just thinking about it. i'm sure it will pay off!

    i'm hoping that it's the yellow outfit! although they are both super cute.

    my new favorite gu is salted watermelon! you have to try it, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mentally exhausting for sure!

      I did go with yellow :D

      I have not tried the salted watermelon!!!

      Delete
  11. I hope you had a great race this morning!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    I really like the yellow outfit a lot! I wish I could run in those cute shorts at a race, but I only wear shorts on quick runs. I'm too afraid of chafing halfway through a long run and wanting to kill myself! So dramatic, i know, but the fear is real! :)

    ReplyDelete