Thursday, 15 May 2014

What I've Been Up to & Blue Nose is Coming!

So of course you're probably wondering how the Fredericton Marathon went!

It was a fabulous day! In terms of the weather, maybe a little too fabulous for the marathoners if you catch my drift. It was super hazy at the start but like 2 minutes after the race began the sun came out in full blaze....uh oh. :S 
So Lola, how's the view in Fredericton???

Almost Go Time!
I met up with Molly from A Fresh Start for Molly when I was spectating! She is running her first full marathon in a little over a week! Head on over and wish her luck!!!! :D
 And here he comes! Marathon #14 is in the books!!!
Lola and I enjoyed cheering and watching the high emotions of the finish line that morning. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you are ever lacking motivation and just need that extra umph to run, go watch the finish line of a marathon. It is one of the most up-lifting experiences ever.

Tempo Tunes
Yes, two of them! 
1. This is like the coolest song ever. Trust me. You'll definitely head bob to it. And if you're like me, you'll add it to your 1/2 Marathon playlist. ;)  Check out 'Fever,' by The Black Keys. How awesome are they?!?!
2. Next up is a totally catchy tune that I have been jamming to on the run. Take a listen to 'Riptide,' by Vance Joy. Just doing my part to spread the tempo love. ;)


So Monday I ended up here again..............

 And Tuesday, I resorted to this when the doctor said the 'Magic Pill is time.' :S


This Cold virus is hanging on tighter than my compression socks.  Be Gone Nasty Cold!!!

I am feeling a kazillion times better, but my cardio is not where I'd like it to be. I am running the Blue Nose 1/2 this weekend (on the okay of my doc) and I think I can safely say that a PR is out of the question, like big time. Do you remember when I crushed my old half PR at last year's Blue Nose! I have doubts I'll ever come close to that again.....but I'll keep trying! 

So I finally ran again! It was Wednesday evening. Super short, super sweet and a little wheezy. ;) 
Now that I've graduated from Chicken Soup to REAL FOOD again, I decided to make my wicked good sweet potatoes. :D

Peel and chop two sweet potatoes into circles...mine were an inch or so thick.
Drizzle a casserole dish with EVOO.
Sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chilli pepper.
Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 until they are at the desired consistency ~40 minutes(I flip them midway through).
When they are done, garnish with chives and sesame seeds. Super Yum!
On Thursday I decided that I'd get in a good run. If it wasn't going to be fast, it was going to be mid distance...sort of.

It was sunny and awesome out! So shorts were worn :D I ran a portion of it on the trail and then hit up the main road for the last 7-8 km.

I  bought my cousin one of these for his birthday in February and they had pink as well, so of course I rationalized myself into thinking I also needed a Blender Bottle. ;)  I do love it. :)

Well, thanks so much for stopping by GGR. Wish me luck in the Blue Nose 1/2!!! Due to the 'marathon cold' that I have, I will use this half as a training run to prep me for the Johnny Full. The weather looks great and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)
Blue Nose 1/2 in 3!!!


17 comments:

  1. Awe, hope you are feeling better soon :) Your runs are still rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope you start to feel better super soon! This is an insanely long cold! I love the Black Keys already but I'll have to check out that Vance Joy song, I'm ALWAYS in need of good upbeat music ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you were sick for so long but glad you're on the mend. Congrats to Matt on his marathon finish and GOOD LUCK to you at Blue Nose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand about that cold. I had a head cold in April that last 2 weeks. SO hard to run when you can't breath properly. Good luck on your half!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl...you don't need luck....great plan on using it as a training run....look for me as I cheer you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for completing another race and good luck on your up coming races. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the hubby! That's so awesome! And you don't need luck, you are AMAZING! But good luck anyway. I know you're going to rock your race. I hope your cold goes away soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many people at work have those blender bottles. what kind of drinks do you mix up? i'm fascinated by them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's yogurt, chia seeds, coconut almond milk and one scoop of strawberry vanilla protein powder. :D

      Delete
  10. What a bummer about the cold. I came down with a head cold Monday and am slowly getting better. Looking forward to Bluenose - I'll keep an eye out for you.
    Enjoy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your race, hope you feel better soon! I love my blender bottle. My friend bought it for me a while ago and I use it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that spectating a race is a great way to get motivated again! Summer colds are the worst! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a great half and feel better really soon!!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon! and good luck at your next race! If you start to feel better before then don't always think you can't PR, sometimes taking the time off will make you feel better when you come back. But even if you don't just knowing you were still able to race after being sick is an accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Get well soon! I have a coupe of those Blender Bottles. Love them! And I think I may try those sweet potatoes. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all things sweet potato. I'm going to have to try those.I hope you're feeling better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete