Friday, 30 May 2014

5 Things Friday

TGIF!!!

Guess what, when I go back to work on Monday it will be JUNE! (Oh you know, just the last month of the school year :D ).  Bring on the Sunshine of Summer Vacation!

Okay okay, I'll try and contain myself to write this post....lol.
  
1) New Kicks! 
These shoes are reason #6 559 383 why my sneaker guy Hashem is the best! I never know what colour I'm going to get and when I opened these up I actually fist pumped. True story. I'm pretty sure they are the exact same ones that Ali has, so I hope she doesn't think I'm a copycat...lol.
Aren't they the most beautiful thing that you ever did see?!
2) Runs in Shorts and Sunshine!!! 
I am having the best time running after work when it is still sunny and warm enough for shorts and a tank. :D Make note that I'll be the first one to complain about the humidity in July, but for now I'm lovin' it! ;)

3) Thai lunch with some super Literacy Ladies ;)
We had our last session for the school year on Thursday so of course a meal at our Go-to restaurant was in order.
4) A Sidewalk!!!!! 
Yes, this deserves 5 exclamation marks! I've been running this super dangerous turn for four years now and it's where I say most of my prayers...for real. They usually go like this, "Don't get hit by a bus, don't get hit by a bus!" And FINALLY they're putting in a sidewalk here!!!!! This is so worth getting stopped by the 'Sign Guy.' :D

5) And of course a very special Birthday!
My best friend in the whole wide world turned 6 on Thursday! She enjoyed many treats, a visit and walk with Milo + a new toy...thanks! We also went to the Tim Horton's drive through to get a timbit....her favourite thing to do. :)
Happy Birthday Lola!
 "Hey everybody it's my birthday!"

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by GGR!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, dear Lola! She is so cute. :) I told my hubby the story about how she locked you out of your car and he laughed and laughed, especially when I told him how she is one of those tiny little fluffy white pups! I know nothing about dogs... what kind of dog is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since that happened in 2008 I am now able to laugh at that story, finally...lol. Lola is a shih tzu :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to Lola! I am also very excited about this sidewalk!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola thanks you and Benny :) the sidewalk is fantastic news!!!!

      Delete
  3. That sidewalk is FANTASTIC news! I know a few places on my route I would like to see some side walks pop up!

    How come you don't know what color shoes you will be getting?

    Happy birthday to your best buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola says "thanks!" :)

      The reason I do not know the color is because I will order them over the phone. I give him the details like "size 8 wide stability" and then he just mails me the shoes. :)

      Delete
  4. I am super excited for the sidewalk and admit I thought of you the minute I heard it was happening. Those sneakers look amazing...way to go! And of course....a HUGE happy birthday to Lola!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sneakers too! And Lola says 'thanks!' :)

      Delete
  5. Lola is the freaking cutest. I had no idea she was 6! Something about her is so puppyish :) I think she and Stevie would be good friends. Love the new shoes and the safe sidewalk for you to run on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She pretty much is the cutest! ;) Yep, she's six! I can't believe it! She's come so far from the 1lb pound of fur she was in 2008 when I got her. :) She'd love to meet Stevie!

      Delete
  6. Yah for June and the weather getting nicer! Happy birthday to miss Lola! I was visiting a girlfriend and she has the same type of dog. They are so sweet little things! BTW I had contacted you back in Feb about training plans for a marathon. I did my marathon last weekend and rocked it! Have to say it was the most well prepared for race that I have done! (have done 10k, half marathons, triathlons, ironmans)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, those shoes!! So glorious. I love how you get new shoes pretty often, because I can bask in their beauty. I only get a new pair once or twice a year!

    Hooray for sidewalks!!! This falls under "you know you're a runner when...", doesn't it? You know you're a runner when a new sidewalk makes your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it bad that I get 3-4 pairs a year!?!? Lol.

      Hooray for sidewalks!

      Delete
  8. Yay for June! Happy birthday to Lola! She's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel :) we think she's adorable too, ;)

      Delete
  9. Lola is so cute!!!!! Just precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I love the lil Lola pic! Happy birthday, Lola! And I miss Tim Horton's so much! They closed all the ones near me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did they close all the Tims??? At least you guys have Dunkin Donuts :D I LOVE visiting the states for that very reason alone, lol.

      Delete
  11. Yay for new shoes!!! Congrats on the sidewalk! I'm sure that was fantastic...it is always the little things for us runners! :)

    ReplyDelete