Sunday, 6 April 2014

Weekend Recap & Final 20

So I've been on a very strict diet since we last spoke.Don't I look good?
Just kidding. This was my view at Physio Friday morning. ;)  I apologize. My post-long run brain thought that was funny. 

Friday
After a beautiful day on Friday I was psyched to log a few miles after work, even though Friday is usually my REST day. Remember how I said I altered my Training Plan to allow for a longer taper than originally planned? Well, because of the adjustments, I ended up clocking 5 miles on Friday. :) 

Saturday
No running today. Just stretching, foam rolling, icing and heating. Oh yeah, and a ton of birthday shopping! I have Matt's, Trudy's, Carla's, and my Mom's birthday all within the next 14 days. Yep.

After a long trip at the mall, I had a date with Walter White. I am now on the last season of Breaking Bad and things are getting craaaazy! No spoilers please!!! ;)

Oh look what's on my Runner's World Calendar:     :D

Sunday
I was very very nervous to do my final 20 miler today. The reason was because I was worried that something would start hurting and I'd have to abort run. I've been nursing a few tight tendons and we've been keeping a close eye on them. My plan right now, according to Hashem, is to 'Stay in the Game.'   Sounds good to me!

My Garmin was acting totally bonkers before I started my run. It took forever and a day to locate satellite! Once it did acquire satellite signal, it didn't beep at 1 mile. When I looked down to check it wondering where my infamous beep was, I saw a bunch of secret codes???? RESET! Right at mile one. Then I had to add on one mile every progressive mile post Garmin reset.  
So basically, I did a 19 + 1 mile long run. ;)  

Have you ever tried the Honey Stinger Waffles??? They are so amazing! Unfortunately for Sam I was chomping on one of these when we passed by each other today....lol. I was also trying to say how it was 'SO WINDY!' as we ran by. She must have thought I was crazy! LOL.

 My legs have just had it with the pounding of the pavement. Normally I don't spend this much time on the streets running since I take advantage of the trail usually on my weekend runs. Our awesome trail, that I miss ever so dearly, is still out of commission with ice and snow coverage.........for the most part.

The city is doing construction on the 'good' part right now and today I was super curious if I could go in as I ran by. After seeing a couple with their 2 dogs heading in by the gates that were opened, it was a go! ;)  I felt super mischievous. I only stayed in there for a mile or so, but it was amazing! I am so ready for the trail to be up and running again. :D
I was so happy to have a pain-free run today I demanded that Matt snap my photo when I got home. He ran 20 miles today as well, but finished much more quicker than I did. I should have taken a pic of his Garmin and see if you guys would have known differently, lol. Just kidding!

There was lots of run chatter happening today as well. My FIL is also training for a marathon (Toronto-May 4) and he called to talk training this afternoon. Courteney also stopped by and of course Running was once again the subject. :)

Ever wonder what I eat after a 20 mile run???? Say hello to my dinner.........
Okay, big things are happening on BB, so I'm off to text Trudy asking a bazillion questions about it! Stay tuned!

Thanks a bunch for following my posts through the tough training days of my Boston Bound Program. My taper runs will be much lighter but I will keep you posted!

Do you have any snow left where you live? 
Are you a Breaking Bad fan? 
What should I watch when BB is done???? 
Have you ever switched up your Training program? If so why?
   
Happy Running,
Heather :)
Boston is in 15 days!!!

19 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT pace, Heather. You are going to ROCK Boston!! Do you have any goal in mind??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After last years performance I would just like to beat 337. Ideally I would love to requalify again with a 335 or less, my dream goal would be a 330, but I realize that is probably just a dream LOL

      Delete
  2. Great job on that run! Part of my favorite trail is still closed from last fall's floods. I'm tempted to be a rulebreaker every time, but I haven't done it yet. Also, I thought your skeleton joke was funny, and I don't even have post-run brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! I'm glad someone liked it ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice job on your 20 miler! What have you been doing at physio? I have never had to use one and just curious what it includes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! My PT usually uses heat/electrodes and then ice on my tender areas. He also taught me methods to tape specific areas that need support.

      Delete
  4. Awesome job on the runs! Boston is so close! Do you have a goal time or anything for the race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! Yes, ideally I'd like to beat my time from last year 3:37. My dream would be to break 3:30, but I don't see that happening! I will be totally psyched if i re-qualify with <3:35. :D

      Delete
  5. I'm surprised that Lola didn't photo bomb any of your shots! Yay to taper time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO weird...I actually wondered what you would do when you saw that sign on your longer runs (now that it's snow free out) too funny! Yay for taper time, Boston is right around the corner and I enjoyed your skeleton joke! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your last 20 before Boston!! It's right around the corner, and you are so ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the honey stinger waffles ( all the flavors)! Good job on your long run! I hope your pain stays away. I know how awful that can be, especially right before a big event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pace...that's my fast interval pace on the treadmill...I can't imagine running that for 20 miles...lol You'll rock this one girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will totally have to try the waffle honey stingers! I had a few gummys on my run. Thanks for the heads up about the wind yesterday ugh it's was bad! Great run! Enjoy the taper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are still buried in snow here in Quebec. My favourite running trails will still be out of commission for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the waffles but I have no idea how you eat while running, I can't even take in the gel blocks because chewing while running doesn't happen for me, I get all off with breathing and then feel like crap. I have to use only gels on long runs :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. We still have a bit of snow here in there in Montreal, but I think it should disappear this week . At least, that's what I am hoping for :D 20 miles is impressive. As I say to myself: one day! It seems like a lot of people have probmels with Garmin watches. I am actually looking right now to purchase a watch, but it has to be water proof, it'd be cool if I could wear it for my Spartan Race. Any thoughts?

    xoxo
    Olena

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe Boston is coming up so soon! You must be SO excited! And I can't believe you're almost done with Breaking Bad! You're going to be so sad once you're done watching it - at least, I was!

    ReplyDelete