Saturday, 15 March 2014

Moose Run 25k in the a.m.!!!

I'm back in Halifax!

And you know what that means....Moose Run 25k tomorrow! I've never ever ran a 25k race and tomorrow I am going to run a smart race. It's 25 km (15.5 miles) and I have a Marathon in 36 days so this needs to be an "I'm in control race." Otherwise I'd never recover to get any of my final solid training runs completed.

Just a few more shots from my Newfoundland trip: <3


Check out this cake we had for dessert last night! Thanks Carla :D 


After all the cake eating was done, lol, Trudy did my nails! She has so many glitters to choose from and I'm quite indecisive at times, so this was thought out in much detail. :D I LOVE this colour!!!

At the crack of dawn I was 40 000 feet in the air headed back to Halifax. 


I squeezed in an awesome run on my turf after I dropped Miss Lola off for her grooming appointment. Since I won't be racing all balls out tomorrow, I kept my training run on schedule to do a pace run. I did an out and back route and enjoyed every second in the Spring-like weather. My legs felt a little weird and sluggish, but I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the flight and having only 4-5 hours of sleep. Tomorrow's run is expected to be windy, and oh yeah: hilly! 


Someone has a new do! And I don't think she's happy about that....lol.


Tomorrow's race will be an automatic distance time record for me. :) Yay to new race distance PR's!!! Sam and I are heading over tomorrow morning and we are psyched! This will be a benchmark distance for her in her full marathon training!

I'm off now to fuel up and get my gear ready. Wish me luck! ;) And of course, thanks for visiting GGR. :)

Happy Running,
Heather
Boston is in 36 days!!!


24 comments:

  1. good luck on your race tomorrow,,,not that you need it..oh and by the way the cake looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cake sure was delicious :D

      Delete
  2. Take it easy tomorrow! Just another run. :) Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder Erin! I truly needed to hear that. :D

      Delete
  3. Good luck tomorrow!! P.S. Love that book you read on the plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a seven mile Saturday, too! Have a great run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) We're distance twins!!

      Delete
  5. Have fun on your run tomorrow! I'm not going to say race, because I know you will be so super on it and take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I really hope I can control my pace tomorrow....lol.

      Delete
  6. Have a great time!!!!! Can't wait for you to recap!!!!!! I hope you take it easy so the rest of your training goes well!!!!!!!!!! Boston - here you come!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read your race recap - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy your race tomorrow! I love how you are always so careful to run SMART. I know I told you this before but I hate reading about people over training and pushing, pushing, pushing 24/7!!! You are an inspiration to me because your training is so thought out. You rock, Heather! I so hope I make it to Boston with you. If I do... maybe we can find each other in Athlete's Village and meet up and chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg :) We can totally meet up in the Athlete's village!!!

      Delete
  9. A 25k sounds like a fun distance!! Sounds like you have a great plan for racing smart with your full in mind. Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the nails and the cake too...YUMMY! Hope you had a great run and ate the hills for breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete