Saturday, 8 March 2014

Mild Muddy 8 Miler

What an awesome Saturday out there! The mercury actually rose above zero today!!!

I literally took this photo when I first woke up this morning. Someone was all ready to get her day started!

"Oh, were you sleeping???"
It was sprinkling rain when I walked Miss Lola this morning, so I dressed for the rain. Then I ended up getting 'caught in the sun.' Yes, you read that correctly. I had a whole other outfit in mind for a sunny/cloudy run, but once those showers started I switched it up. As I headed down the street during the first mile the sun came out in full blaze. It was awesome, but I was one hot chick, so to speak. ;) 

The first few miles felt a bit sluggish. After 3-4 miles I started to gradually increase the pace and it felt good. I did 8.2 miles total.
 
Only for running would I allow my lulu gear to get THIS dirty. I have also renamed my Asics Liteshows "Mudshow." Yep. How cute is my little Marathon chick peeking up from my sock?!
 
Some replenishing with Coconut water post-run.
 
 

Then a Café Misto, for good measure. You know, to ensure I'm well hydrated. ;)
 

I had to head to the Running Room to pick up gels for my 18 MILER TOMORROW! (gulp). While I was strolling around these guys seemed to be following me. Paranoid??? They actually came pretty darn close to me, which was sort of cool. Sort of.


The organizer of Maritime Race Weekend was at the Running Room distributing the Tartan Twosome early bird toques today! I'm doing the 5k Sunset and 1/2 Marathon Sunrise twosome. No big deal, but they glow in the dark!!! :0  I felt so cool with it on I continued my Saturday errands wearing it, even though it was super mild today. Don't I look bad ass??? LOL.
 
I was chatting with the girls at the Running Room for so long we developed a deep friendship. Or, they just wanted me to leave so they gave me 3 bags of those awesome cracker chips like I got in my Hypothermic Half Marathon kit! I don't know what happened, but when I got home, there was only one bag left! ;)
 
Alright Halifax Marathoners, who bought all my beet root juice????? {raised eyebrow} Seriously, who?

My last stop today was to Costco. It was surprisingly chilled out and not completely crammed with people. The entire city must be somewhere warm for March Break. Not me. I'm going to Newfoundland where it's actually colder! LOL. 
 
I had to pick up another Garmin today. This one is for Matt. He's been training all winter without one! I don't think I could run two steps without my Garmin on. For real.

So my friend Sam has launched her own blog to profile her training for her first ever full marathon!!! (Three cheers for Sam!). She's doing the Johnny Miles Marathon in June.....as am I. :D   Head on over to SamStrides and check her out!

Well I must go roll, stretch and pump iron. ;) This translates as: Lola licking me while trying to roll, 8 minute abs and some arm exercises while watching The 40 Year Old Virgin. Don't Judge. LOL.

It always brightens my day when you pop by GGR. Thanks a bunch!

Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Moose Run 25k is in 8 days!!!


17 comments:

  1. I totally saw some beet juice at the Bayers lake super store today. it was in what I call the "healthy isle" I have been thinking of trying some because I hear you talk about it all the time :) I am going to have to ! Thanks so much for the shout out! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'm going there tomorrow to stock up! You need to definitely give BRJuice a try!

      Delete
  2. If Matt still has his old garmins, he should send them to the guy that fixes them in Halifax...maybe he could fix them...I know Matt likes the old ones. It was a beautiful day out there....could spring really be on its way???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of his Garmin's actually already was replaced :S But not for long!

      Delete
  3. Love the hat. You totally look cool. Ha ha I feel at odds when I don't have my Garmin. My first Garmin died last year. I still have her. It was my first running watch. Last year I traded up big time and got a triathlon Garmin, the 910XT. It's really awesome because I can wear it in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do look cool, don't I? JK ;) Wow, I bet that Garmin is cool! I've seen it at the stores, but never used it.

      Delete
  4. The hat is so cute! Canada has some good race swag ;) kick some butt on your 18 miler today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmeline! We do have great swag---Come for a race!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see you :) Carla xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I always learn some new and interesting factoid when I read your blog. I am a coffee fiend, but I don't know what a Cafe Misto is...please enlighten me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I had no idea either until the one day I went to Starbucks to get a latte and their machine was broken :( I asked what they COULD make and a misto was offered up. It's basically half coffee, half steamed milk and I always get a flavour shot of vanilla in it!

      Delete
  7. One reason I love having a pet who sleeps in a cage...he can't wake me up like dogs and cats do!

    It's funny how you had to adjust to "warmer" temps that are still cold...I imagine adjusting to summer temps works!

    Does beet juice really work wonders like they say? Have fun on your 18!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola is weird. She sleeps in on work days but on weekends she's up with the birds...lol.

      I will probably melt in the Summer heat after this long winter!

      I may be biased, but after my first encounters with BRJuice, I PR'd at the marathon???

      Delete
  8. We were mileage twins yesterday! But mine was my "long" run. I miss marathon training. I'm headed over to check out your friends blog now... so I'll have one more to fall behind on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My sentiments exactly!! I always fall behind on blogs...lol.

      Delete
  9. It looks like you had an awesome Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete