Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Where've I been Wednesday?

Let's play "Where've I been Wednesday?" Haha

I am always reminded how busy life can get when I've fallen behind on blog reading and posting. Training, working, and life in general definitely make the days zoom by!

After my long run (16 miles) on Sunday, I'm not even going to tell you how long I napped. But 3 hours on the couch is a long time. ;)

When I woke up from my hibernation nap, I made this super duper awesome soup that the Hungry Runner Girl mentioned. It was totally yummy and the perfect meal for a long run recovery day.

 Monday
Today I had an easy 4 to do. Post-run I worked arms, back and chest followed by 8 minute abs. This video made me giggle when I first saw it online this summer (Another suggestion from the HRG). I love the "Okay gang," references the blue tights guy keeps saying....hehe. This workout kicks my butt every time! Try it :)

Tempo Tune
I am repeating and repeating and repeating this song on my runs as of late. Check out Bastille's "Bad Blood." My favourite hill song for sure.

I was super excited to use my new 12 lb weights during my workout as well tonight. I think I am getting jacked already! ;) LOL.
 Tuesday
After work today I had a much needed date with this table........

Leg massages are now a priority for me since I am in the midst of Marathon training and I am learning to love the 'good hurt' that it entails. ;)

Monster P: Oh this is just my new name for the daunting hill I mentioned in my last post and kicks Monster C and Monster J's butts!

I ran a 2.5 mile warm up to cette hill on Tuesday's run and proceeded to run up and down it in repeats 4 complete times. I was toast! Then of course I had to run the 2.5 miles home as well. This was a great cool down and it actually forced me to cool down since I often skip that part if the hill is close to my house....lol.

I hope your week has been rockin' so far and thanks for dropping by GGR!

Do you get leg massages?
Hills, Love em' or Hate em'?
What's something awesome you've been up to this week?

Happy Running,
Heather :)
They Hypothermic Half is in 4 days!!!

26 comments:

  1. Do you have the link to the soup? It looks yummy!!!!

    Monster P frightens me but I might have to incorporate it this summer...or Monster J for sure. Running Monster C helped me in last weekends race so I'm pretty stocked to add more!

    Great job! Oh...and I need to sign up for a leg massage ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'll find that link and post it :D

      Delete
  2. Haha! I have a love hate thing with hills. ;) That soup looks very tasty and warm. I have to say though that your post about your smoothie last time had me intrigued. I tried it and wow. That is yummy! Tks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....learning to love that is! ;) I'm so glad you enjoyed the smoothie! :D

      Delete
  3. Great job on the hills, it was freezing last night! I have to try this soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get a leg massage :)
    I love hills! They are my favorite. I have this favorite loop in my town but I am scared to do it in the winter time because of the ice and snow. I don't want to run up it, slip and tumble down. I have been taking it easy and doing the "baby hill" in town. I also have named our hills! My husband calls one of the hills "Mount Everest's cousin." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do. Get one!

      Love that name 'Mount Everest's Cousin!"

      Delete
  5. Hills have been kicking my butt the past couple of weeks, but in a good way! I never used to train for hills and hoping it really pays off in the end. How come you train in miles rather than in kilometers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I had shin splints chronically I avoided hills ......now I really love them!

      While training for my first ever race my plan was in miles, the TM was in miles and my FIL's garmin that he let us use was in miles so I grew quickly accustomed. Plus, most training plans I've seen are done in miles so it's easier for me. :)

      Delete
  6. Mmm love hills!!! (for real) Which is good because in PA, we have lottttttssssaaa hills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ab video. It kicks my butt every time!! Awesome runs by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I avoid hills at all possible costs. I need to start incorporating them into my runs. That ab video is just too much for me. Those tights get me every time! So jealous of the massage! I need one badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about what you said about our 'butts looking good in jeans" when I'm running them! Haha

      Get a massage too :)

      Delete
  9. It's been really hard to keep up on blogging lately! You're definitely not alone in that. I feel like I'm missing, and then of course I'm missing posts, too!

    That soup looks sooo comforting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I've totally fallen behind :( We need longer weekends just to keep up!

      Delete
  10. I love that 8-minute abs video. The husband always cracks up when I do it because I all he can here is the music and the "okay, gang!" Ha.

    I need to get serious about hills really soon ... I have a 10k in May, and the first four miles are uphill on an 8% average grade. Better get on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It's only 8 minutes!!! I'm learning to love those darn hills ;)

      Delete
  11. ** all he can HEAR. Cripes. Worst English teacher ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I'm the worst spelling teacher ever!

      Delete
  12. I just got a leg massage on Sunday after completing the Princess half marathon and it felt fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that must have been such a fun race! I have to head over to read your recap :)

      Delete
  13. I've only gotten massages after marathons, I really should make it more of a habit during training! I love hills though :) well, love to hate them ;)

    ReplyDelete