Sunday, 2 February 2014

Training Peaks, Week 1, DONE!

First off, I just want to put it out there that our Season predicting Groundhog is now my BFF after his prediction of an early Spring today! Yay :D Thanks Shubenacadie Sam!
{Source}
So hopefully this crazy winter weather will all be over and done with soon! ;)
 
After yesterday's pace run, I figured the best recovery fuel would have to be Lucky Charms right? That's right. I AM that healthy. ;)
 

I had a whole bunch of things to do, you know, since it was Saturday and I tend to put everything off until the weekend.....lol. I got really thirsty when I was out and about but I didn't want coffee and I didn't want water. I saw this amazing frozen yogurt and it sure did the trick! Raspberry Greek Yogurt! mmm
 
And it's starting to be that time of year again with Marathon training and all.......Beetroot juice time! I'm so happy it is now stocked at my grocery store and I don't have to cruise all over town looking for it. It's also a dollar cheaper here?!?!?! I wonder if they brought it in after my many times of asking in the Fall, lol??? 

Sunday
Who is going to remind me to buy strawberries for my next weekend long run breakfast??? I always appear to be out of them when it comes to long run day. Weird.

Today's run was a shorter long run than usual. I'm guessing it's because next week is 14 miles and it just basically goes up from there. I felt really good along the run today and I was about to write that it was pretty uneventful, but then I remembered that I saw a guy get pulled over. I bet he wasn't expecting that!

Thanks Jenn for the Shakeology sample! The chocolate went along very well with my cherries, cranberries, pinapple, spinach and banana. mmm.

Lola and I paid a visit to her doggie dad 'Milo' today. This was her when I asked her to go: Super excited and ran towards the door! :)

I'm prepping supper now and it smells so dang good! We're having Chicken Ciabatta sandwiches since we're both RUNgry! What are you having for dinner?

My week 1 of Training Peaks is complete-Boom!

Thanks for stopping by GGR ladies and gents! I hope you have an awesome evening. :)
 
What's the most eventful thing you've seen on a run? I would have to say a coyote in the trial! eek!
Favourite flavour of frozen yogurt?
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Hypo 1/2 is one month from today!!!

25 comments:

  1. What do you drink the beetroot juice for?
    I think the Hypo Half races are staggered because some of the equipment/resources are shared between the Running Rooms. I am going to Moncton next weekend and last year I did Saint John, which is later in the month of February. Hopefully by the time March rolls around it will no longer be a "Hypothermic" race for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beetroot juice is used by athletes as a 'performance booster.' I'm going to link a post up tomorrow with the info on it. I take it before marathons, like 2-3 weeks before. Beware: it turns your urine pink! LOL

      Delete
  2. I used to love strawberry frozen yogurt. So good! Since I bought a vitamix, I make this awesome banana & peanut butter frozen treat. Oh so good! Yes... I am wondering about the beetroot juice too. Do you drink it for recovery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so yummy!

      Beetroot juice is said to be a performance enhancing booster for endurance athletes. I tried it 2-3 weeks before my last marathon. No complaints! I ran a PB on a tough course :) I'm going to link up a post from my first mention of beetroot juice tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Well, since i run out here in the country, i think the most interesting thing that i‘ve seen on a run was when a heron took flight right beside me and flew just a few feet above my head. It was so loud and big! I think it surprised me more than i surprised it.

    I always love seeing a fox, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I heard you mention the heron story before! I saw a fox in the trail two summers ago here. it was super tiny, maybe a pup.

      Delete
  4. I never had frozen yogurt! Most awesome thing I saw on a run was about 12 deer bounding out of the woods, across the road, and into the woods. It was so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really????? I'm hooked on it in the summer months! That deer sighting would be so cool. I've seen a single deer before on the run but never more than one.

      Delete
  5. My dog's name is Milo. I share him with my ex boyfriend, though, so I haven't seen him in almost a month. I miss him greatly. Great run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh that would be so hard for me. ((hugs)) I love the name Milo. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm also wondering about the beet root juice...and do you drink it straight? I also ran 12 miles today! Yay for long run Sunday (my favorite day of the week)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do drink it straight......and in a shot glass, lol. It looks really funny I'm sure! it's supposed to be an endurance performance enhancer. Hey, I'll use anything that works!

      Delete
  7. Oh man, you don't want to know the craziest thing I've seen....a dead body as I came around a turn, like maybe 12 inches from me. I was shaken up for a week. It was in my new city and really freaked me out about city life since I'm used to running in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap that would freak me out too! I need therapy for sure! I hope the rest of your runs are uneventful!

      Delete
    2. OMG that would be a story for a Running magazine. Have u told it to Runner's World?

      Delete
    3. What?!?!?! Did you blog about this??? Now my coyote sounds like a little mouse in comparison! Crazy......I'd be seriously shaken up for sure!

      Delete
    4. Oh, my gosh! That is honestly one of my greatest fears. Sorry you had to go through that!

      Delete
  8. Craziest thing? On our Frostbite rehearsal run we saw someone getting arrested.

    Great week for your running...onto week #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you got your beetroot! Our American groundhog did not see his shadow so I guess more winter for us, uggh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we're set up for another snow storm on Wednesday.....so I don't know how accurate our little guy is...lol. Bring on Spring!

      Delete
  10. Lucky Charms are SUCH a guilty pleasure for me. Ugggh. I just learned you can buy just the marshmallows. Pure heaven!

    Great job on your training!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just marshmallows?!?!?! Awesome :D

      Thanks Ali!

      Delete
  11. I love frozen yogurt!!! Your picture of it looks really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete