Saturday, 1 February 2014

Sticking to the Plan

Oh weekend. Oh glorious weekend. :)  That about sums up my thoughts today.

Thursday
Training Peaks sent me a 5 mile Marathon Pace Run to complete. You totally can't tell, but it was so chilly along my route that my eyelashes had tear-sicles on them! :0  I had to keep pinching them with my fingers so that they didn't freeze together. I'm pretty sure that only Runners would be crazy enough to go through this....lol.


Friday
There is something weirdly awesome about hearing 'The Sign' at 6 a.m. via Songza while straightening your hair. ;)

My Friday 'Workout,' REST DAY. Yes Please!

My PT thinks he'll be discharging me on Monday :D I'm on cloud 9, even though my visits involve things like playing dress up with 'Wayne,' The One-legged Skeleton, LOL.  I was told to caption this "I'm too sexy for my skin." LOL.


I think I found Wayne's other leg!


 I'm on the mend. Tell Yo friends. ;)

Super duper awesome Friday mail: Neon dots!


And my other non-running sock fave these days....
 
One of my students read a book to me this morning during my Early Literacy teaching called "Making a Pizza." He didn't know it, but it made me crave pizza all day! Look what I ended up including in my dinner: 
Yep. I've been eating way too many of these bad boys lately. Raspberry chocolate Hershey Kisses...mmm.

An exhausting week of work and training equals one wild Friday night where you pass out on the couch before 10 p.m. True story.
Saturday
This dog is always up for sleeping in!

But some of us have to get our run in Miss Lola. ;)

My workout today was a Pace Run @ 8 min miles for 6 miles. As badly as I wanted to keep going to the Post Office (which would have given me a 7 mile run) I didn't. I stuck to the plan.  I am really working hard for this Marathon Training Cycle to stick to it and not veer off. Boston Bound will make me a stronger runner if I follow it properly. So far, I've stayed on track. :)

My run today felt exactly like Spring. It was above 0 degrees for the first time in forever and the sidewalks were clear for the first time in forever. Great run!

P.S. I'm in dire need of new sneaks. Looks like I'll be chatting with Hashem today.  ;)
You'd better be enjoying this beautiful Spring like Saturday! Thanks for stopping by GGR.

Happy Running,
Heather :)

24 comments:

  1. Those physio pics made me giggle out loud. LOL I was a bit jealous that we ran so early because a later run would have felt amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to love my rest days too :P I normally take Saturday and Tuesday off but now I'm home for the weekend so that's thrown my schedule off a bit. Oh, by new sneakers do you mean new running shoes? What are you running in at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daisy, I am running in Asics Gel Kayano 20. I currently am waiting for my "Lite Show" version to arrive. :) I do mean trainers when I say sneaks/sneakers...lol.

      Rest days are great for recovery. Mentally though sometimes they are hard since I just want to run...haha.

      Delete
  3. Love the skeleton! ha ha Glad you're on the mend! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skeleton! Too funny. I can't believe you said it feels like spring even when I can see all that snow, you Canadians are crazy ;) and you know I'm a fan of the pizza cravings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he's pretty cool. ;) We are sort of crazy...lol. But I'm definitely ready for Spring. I figured you'd approve of the pizza. ;)

      Delete
  5. Awesome runs! I feel like I will have the exact same feelings when I start marathon training next week and then plan calls for less mileage than I have been running! It will say 3 miles and I will want to go 4 haha! Good job sticking to the plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! it's super hard for me to listen to the prescribed mileage for sure. Especially with all my friends on facebook and IG showing their super high mileage stats. lol.

      Delete
  6. Great post Heather! love the pics! Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I have the biggest craving for pizza and that picture just intensified it! My ideas for dinners usually come from what the kids have at school for lunch. If they have tacos, I usually go home and make tacos. I'm not creative at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even know raspberry Hershey Kisses existed until I read your blog. MUST. GO. GET. SOME. NOW! And kudos to you for (always) running in super cold weather! It definitely felt like spring today in Mass., too, and I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop by Target and pick some up ;) Thanks! I am ready for spring to arrive though. :)

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed reading this re cap of the past few days! So glad you almost graduated from PT :) And I must tell you how refreshing it is to see someone sticking to a training plan and not over doing things/running junk miles. I swear, the more a read blogs, the more I come across runners that are like "Well first I ran 6 miles, then I lifted lower body for an hour and a half and then I took a 45 minute spin class." I'm thinking... WOW your body is not going to get ANY stronger if you keep doing that!!!! You are such a smart runner, I love reading your workouts because of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! Sometimes I almost get lured into that frame of thinking because of facebook, blogs and IG. :S I know that if I do run crazy junk miles and lift to the limits, my body gets burnt out. Your comment made me smile :)

      Delete
    2. GOOD! I sometimes compare myself to others too... It's hard not to. But the main thing is to remember what works best for ME. When I worked out 2 hours a day I was tired, fat, and hungry all the time hehe.

      Delete
    3. LOL.....I felt the same way when I went 'workout crazy' a few summers ago! Fat, hungry and exhausted!

      Delete
  10. I wanted those polka dot compressions but Matt was like, "You have 10 pairs, stop." Hehe. Great job sticking to your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ali!
      Oh I know. :S the neon dots made it a total of 6 pairs now. I think I'm done...lol.

      Delete
  11. Great job for running in freezing temps! You rock girl!
    PS~I love crashing before 10pm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Crashing before 10 is what all the cool kids are doing ;) LOL

      Delete