Saturday, 22 February 2014

Spring Run, Say What???

Okay, I have to tell you about our weather today! (I will whisper it in case Mother Nature hears and realizes she clicked "Sunny, Warm and beautiful" instead of "Freezing, snowy, icy, windy, slushy and any other weather warnings possible," when she submitted today's forecast.) Super duper gorgeous sunshine and 7 degrees!!! :)

Tempo Tune
Do you remember 2011's "Pumped up Kicks," by Foster the People??? Well they're back with another awesome tune called "Coming of Age" that you can add to your running playlist. :) Why not listen while you read? :)
 
Thursday
I always look at Thursday as my 'last' run of the week! Technically it isn't, but when I'm totally zonked from work and training I can 'trick' my mind and body into saying, "Okay, since tomorrow is  a day off from physical activity, I guess I can go do an easy 5." ;) Works like a charm.

Friday
I gave my body a complete rest day and decided that after such an exhausting week I'd bring this guy out to play at dinner time. :D
 Total deliciousness!
Saturday
My favourite time of the weekend is Saturday Morning. I get to catch up on some much needed sleep and I totally enjoy it (even if it's only until 8:00). One of the awesome things about Saturday morning is the fact that I have no deadlines, only distance. And it never hurts when it's completely beautiful out.

The moment where my patience level dropped to zilch! Grrr.........so close yet so far. And in case you're wondering it DID bump back to less than half seconds later, lol.


I did a straight out and back route today at slightly faster than marathon pace. Boy did I underestimate the power of the sun and overdress! I was seriously roasting and sweat like a champ. :S This was the first run in a long time where sweat actually accumulated on my forehead.

The warm temperatures caused a lot of melting, which therefore leads to many puddles that get your feet wet. I didn't even mind since the sun was so warm on my face. It felt just like spring!

The only other runner I saw was the Running Lady. I told Matt she must have been doing her long run since she had her fuel belt on. Yeah, we talk about the Runners we see, lol. (In a good way of course!)

While I was rehydrating from losing so much sweat on the run, I decided I'd check on myself in training via my hard copy training log from 2013. Runner's World sent me this as a free gift last  year with my calendar and I wrote in that baby every day!

Check out what I was up to on February 22, 2013. :(  This is so vivid in my mind. I can recall whining at home about how I had missed so many training runs from a Sinus Infection that then morphed into a chest infection and how envious I'd get when I'd see other runners. I dreamed of the day I could run and train for Boston again. It was a nasty time...lol. Since that bout of illness, I have learned to really appreciate my Health.
 
Post-run Shenanigans
First stop, Starbucks. A Grande Café Misto was calling my name.

I did another bunch of errands and then headed over to a sports store to pick up these bad boys so that I could get jacked! ;) Totally kidding of course. I just upped my weight since my 10lb'ers are only good for so many exercises and I really missed the 12s I used to use at the gym. Yes, I always wear runners when I'm out and about. Be amazed at how fancy I am.
Yeah, my car has 3 running related bumper stickers in total...lol. I'm THAT girl.

A Definite Link to Click (Runner Jargon translated)
Okay, I try to never post links to boring sites with a ton of information that you could have just googled yourself, so trust me when I say this is HILARIOUS! (if you are a runner that is).  Tears were totally running down the corners of my eyes and at one point, I knee slapped. No lie.

For totally awesome funny runner translations click here!

Here's a sample of what you'll find, but there are so many more! LOL-pretty sure I'm guilty of most!

Lastly, Lola says thanks for stopping by GGR. Have a wonderful evening!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see how my 16 big ones go!

Do you use a training log? If so what type?
What distance is your long run this weekend?
How funny were those Running translations?!?!?

Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Hypothermic Half Marathon is in one week!

24 comments:

  1. Those running translations were all SO true!! I definitely laughed out loud! Have a fabulous long run tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris!
      I especially loved the "I will run you into the ground," one LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. Love the running translations...and have to say that I am excited to get to 40 only so I can jump up in age class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the best thing about birthdays---new AG!

      Delete
  3. I am soooo jealous! It was absolutely gorgeous today and I was so depressed because all I wanted to do was run outside and I couldn't. I know, I can't help but whine. P.S. I think I have your email address, I will be emailing you questions for my profile of you on my blog. You get to be the first person featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! If you don't have it it's heatherleecallaghan@gmail.com :D

      Delete
  4. It was gorgeous in PA today, too! I'm with Lis... I really wanted to run outside. :) I'm glad other runners got to enjoy the beautiful weather, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to see a glimmer of light that this winter Will End! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! SEVEN degrees is warm?!!!?!! You are always amazing me! And those Google Translates were HILARIOUS! I adore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....7 degrees Celsius IS warm for February here in Canada!

      I am still giggling at a few of those translations!

      I hope you are feeling better :)

      Delete
  6. Haha I saw that article a few days ago and most of them are so funny and accurate, and I'm so guilty of a few of them! ;) love that you had such pretty weather for your run!! I'm hoping spring makes its official appearance soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super funny, and embarrassingly accurate for me....LOL.

      This weather can totally stay!

      Delete
  7. I love the 12 pounders too. I always know it's you by the 3 stickers:)
    You lucked out with running weather this weekend, it's gorgeous out. Tate, Sadie and I went for a long walk yesterday. We went past your house and Courteney's but I didn't see either of you. Yes, I am a creeper I guess lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, it was awesome out!

      Thanks for the tip: Be on the lookout for Heidi, Tate and Sadie (The Creepers). LOL. You probably think I'm insane running by your house every night, waving, even when you aren't in the window but your dog is...lol.

      Delete
  8. Loved the translations! As for the running diary? I always start one and then lose them... I just started a new one last month again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super funny!

      I am very happy I kept up with my running log so that this year I can go back and see where I was. :)

      Delete
  9. LOL - loved the Google translate for runners!! Being a new runner, now I know what all the "polite" conversation is about....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I'm embarrassed to say I'm guilty of so many!

      Delete
  10. Okay admittedly, I almost died laughing after your intro when you revealed that your spring weather was 7 degrees!!! (I'm sure you mean Celsius, but it's still hilarious.) We live in such different climates!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes, 7 degrees Celsius is super warm for February in Canada!!

      Delete
  11. If I don't say it...good luck on your half next weekend!!! I hope you have beautiful weather!
    Yesterday was so nice here - I ran 4 miles, it felt awesome!!!! :)
    I love training logs. They really help with setting goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!

      Awesome job on your run!!!!

      Delete
  12. Great run! And super jealous of your temps. It is -23 here right now, so my long run is being pushed to tomorrow. Womp womp. Are you signed up for the Hypothermic Half in your city?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie! Yes, I'm doing the Hypo half in Halifax next Sunday. I'm really hoping the weather cooperates!

      Delete