Thursday, 20 February 2014

I am a Runner (with RHYNO)

Hey there folks!
 
How's your week been so far? I'd love to hear something totally awesome that you've been up to!
 
I am a Runner
A very short while ago I connected with a facebook group called Canuck Running Bloggers (And those who love them) where I 'met' Crystal. She has a fabulous blog that shares here training and updates frequently, which I love! Every Thursday she has a "I am a Runner" post. Guess who's profiled today! :D Head on over to Running with RHYNO and check her out! I am completely honoured to be her 'Runner' this week. Thanks Crystal!
 
Tempo Tune
Yes, I'm getting right down to the nitty gritty. You absolutely must download this song ASAP and add it to your running mix. Pretty please. :) It's basically been on repeat on my phone since I downloaded it after school yesterday. And for my run tonight. It's "Hey Brother," by Avicii. LOVE it!!!
 
Since I was so delirious following my second longest TM run on Sunday, I clearly forgot to post my week in training graph! :0 In case you were dying to see it that is.....lol. 

Monday
A super duper easy recovery run following yesterday's long duration run. I ran 4 miles and nearly face-planted more than twice on slick streets. Good times.
Plus it was snowy, like Christmastime snowy, when I was running. Very pretty, but tricky to get a good stride on you know?

Dinner! My dinner's look very similar every single night of the week by the way. That is unless I go all crazy and make tacos or pizza! ;)
 Tuesday
Oh no big deal or anything, but there were some 800s on the agenda for today! Like try 5 of them!!!

I'm not nervous at all........Why do I have the feeling I'm being watched?????

I headed out for a 1.5 mile warm up and then started the show! ;)

Here's a breakdown:
3:21, 3:22, 3:31(dodging ice), 3:20 and 3:17. After my 2 mile cool down, I was zonked! Running home on wet noodle legs is always fun! ;)
 
And of course here's Lola post-run. No she did not do intervals with me.....lol. 

Wednesday
Tim's has it's Roll up the Rim again. I'm' thinking this will be my year. ;)

Okay, I was telling my coworkers today about how I definitely 'packed an orange' but couldn't find it in the staff room at lunch. They were nodding and smiling, you know how people do when they pretend to believe you...lol. Then I'm getting in my car to go home and look what I spotted.  I honestly took this picture just for proof that I am not crazy to show them today....LOL.

My run tonight was an easy 4 mile run and I was sure to take it easy following the previous nights 800s!

The pace felt conservative and I had to be mindful of the black ice lurking in the shadows.  Post run I did some core work and a plank. Then of course I indulged in a Chocolate and PB Smoothie. :) No pic since it tasted to awesome to wait!

I love when you stop by GGR! Have a wonderful day. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

20 comments:

  1. I did 800s too...pure evil! I'll have to check out the music, I'm building new music playlists for my next training cycle :) I've totally done that with stuff in my car before too...including my wallet which I "lost" for 3 months and got new cards and everything only to find it somehow wedged under the passenger seat in the mechanical stuff. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure evil. Well said. :)

      I think I could probably buy a latte with all the change lodged in and under my seats.

      Delete
  2. So cool that you're on Crystal's blog!!

    Great job on the 800s....I have done 200 sprints at the track...and that is enough for me. You are going to kick Boston's butt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courteney! Speed is hard, but pays off......I hope!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out :) Love Hey Brother! I have 4x800 to get done tomorrow. Going outside for this one so I will be dodging ice too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including me ...I feel so honoured!

      Hey Brother is awesome :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! You are so speedy. I can't even imagine doing speed work outside on the street. You are always amazing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks who's talking! lol....you're definitely speedy!!!

      Delete
  5. This is so funny I had it in my head I was going to do a 3 min plank today! But I haven't.... yet. Maybe I should take your post as a sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, now I remember your post about signs!

      Delete
  6. I love how you label your runs. It's so neat and organized, yet still super fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, I found this because of your mileage graphs from DM!

      Delete
  7. Major kudos for getting in quick 800s in patchy ice! You're a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the pic of Lola staring at you in the background. And your blog is the only one that I'll read even though I'm laid up. All the other running blogs I'm reading right now are people who are injured, lol. I'm living vicariously through you, so you go girl! Oh that was so '90s of me to say, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like almost everyone I know in real life and via social media are battling injury (gulp).

      Lola always seems to be sneaking behind me wherever I go! lol

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great week of running! Very cool that you went out to run in the snow and didn't let the winter weather stop you. Also, the orange story was pretty funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I showed my coworkers the orange picture for proof the next day, LOL

      Delete
  10. I read your interview! So awesome that you were featured! Whoop!!!!
    I loved the orange story - I hope you showed them your picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty excited to be interviewed! I DID show my coworkers the picture....lol.

      Delete