Sunday, 16 February 2014

Happy 1st Anniversary GGR!!!

Yay, Girl Goes Running is celebrating it's first ever anniversary today!

On February 16, 2013 I wrote my first ever blog post. You can read it here. For some reason I thought my first post had to tell every single detail about me....lol.

Girl Goes Running started purely as a way to profile my marathon training last Winter/Spring for my first ever Boston Marathon. I was frequently updating about my running on facebook and only a handful of my facebook friends were runners at the time. So I figured that creating a Running blog was the best way to stop annoying people track my training progress.

I wasn't even sure how much I'd like blogging and now I'm totally hooked. I feel guilty when I haven't had a chance to post for a few days .....almost like I'm neglecting my readers.
Where the magic happens. ;)
I want to thank each and every one of my readers for following along and commenting on my 194 posts over the past year. Not to mention ignoring my poor grammar, spelling and hyper use of :) and punctuation!!! ;) You guys rock!

Tempo Tune
I am really digging Jenn Grant these days. I always rock out to her tune "White Dove," and now I've found another totally awesome song of hers. Check out "I've got your fire," you'll love it!

Sunday Runday
How tired are you of hearing me go on about our weather this year?!?! Well, everything was coated with ice when we woke up today, just as the weather pros predicted. So happy my long run was logged yesterday in beautiful conditions!

Lola thought she'd go out and help Matt shovel the insanely heavy snow ice. She's such a spunky lil' chick. ;)


So as I was writing this, I heard little miss whining out in the kitchen. As I walked out to see what the fuss was about Someone was sitting in the treat cupboard. {Seriously raised eyebrow}.

 "Well mommy, these milk bones aren't going to get themselves."

Since I pulled the old Schedule Switch-a-roo yesterday by swapping my long run day, today I had to do an easy 7 miles. There was going to be nothing easy about running outside today, so I hit up the Canada Games Centre Treadmill.


The decision to do that was made much easier when I remembered I could get a Turkey sub post-run. Bonus!

I don't know how other running bloggers run on the TM daily?!?!? My brain just goes into a pretzel trying to figure that one out! Even though I was highly interested in the pairs figure skating that was on the television and even though I was blaring Radioactive on the iPod, this STILL. felt like. the longest. and hottest. 7 mile run. ever. in the history. of the world.


Totally dripping of sweat and super duper happy to be done.
I'm so happy you came by on GGR's first anniversary. Thanks so much for being awesome blogger friends and have a beautiful day!
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)


43 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! The pic of Lola made me giggle....she is too cute for her own good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing Year One! What a very creative & impressive blog! Lola enjoys being part of it as well. Love Matt & Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary! I checked your first post... Your marathon PR time is speedy! I may have to give Higdon's training plans another look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I'm totally using 'blogiversary' next year ;) lol. Hal Higdon's plans are awesome and there is a wide range to pick from in terms of ability and fitness.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!
    I also can't understand how runners run on the treadmill all the time - I give them major props! I just can't do it! I also agree that every time I go to the gym it is SO hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!

      You're right..it IS super hot and stuffy, especially when you're used to running in sub zero temperatures outside, lol.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary :) Carla xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your anniversary! Ive started following you and another runner we know and always enjoy reading them! Also learned many tips and tricks along the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! I am so glad you enjoy my running rambling...lol. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary! I love your workstation...it's definitely better than the couch, which is where I blog 99% of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle! I've tried the couch, but it gives me a sore neck, lol.

      Delete
  8. Happy anniversary! I am so glad you started it because I love reading. I feel the same way when I am unable to post for a few days, as if I am neglecting everyone! I was so excited to see that you ran on a treadmill! I always feel so lame when I get the treadmill and it's 30 degrees outside and then I see you running in sleet and snow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are so sweet! You get total props for the fast TM runs you do! I think I trained my brain more than my legs yesterday!!!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your blogiversary!! I am so glad I found your blog, I love reading your posts! P.S. I don't know what you are talking about - treadmills are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! I love your posts also. :) How you are so speedy on a TM without falling off is beyond me. Way to go girl!

      Delete
  10. Happy anniversary! Lola is so freaking cute, love her sitting in the cupboard. That ice you had is CRAZY, so glad you switched your runs because doing a long run on the treadmill is so mentally deflating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Emmeline! Lola is always up to some sort of shenanigans. ;) There is no way I would have been able to run for an hour and a half on the TM. :0

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary! Congrats and keep up the great running and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 1st! I remember when you were just a little baby lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I covet those shorts. Every time you post a photo of them I want to steal them!

    Congrats on a year of blogging!! I also feel guilty when I haven't posted in a while... like, right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin!

      Guess what, I was just at Cleves on the weekend and they still have some if you'd like me to pick you up a pair! ;) Let me know if you want to borrow mine for Blue Nose. :D

      Delete
  14. Happy anniversary!! It's funny how blogging becomes such an integral part of our lives!

    I like to watch movies if I'm on the treadmill. At least then I'm totally preoccupied. But yeah, treadmill running is so STUFFY and hot and I just never know if the distance is right or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! It truly is a big part of my daily life now. :)

      Embarrassing fact: I fiddled with the TV for several minutes and got nothing but a blank screen....lol. I had my iPod and watched the pairs figure skating on the large wall TV for the remainder.

      Delete
  15. Congrats on 1 yr!!! You have a cute little desk area to blog at. Annnnnd you have a cute little dog! I am loving Lola's kercheif. (sp???) Why do all dogs look so adorable with a kercheif around their neck? I hate the treadmill too, unless I am just doing a quick git 'er done 3 miles or something at the gym, then I can *stand* it but would so rather be outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I just googled the spelling of that word! LOL: kerchief it is! I loved her Valentine heart one so much she is still wearing it today!

      Okay, when I hit the 3 mile mark yesterday it did not feel quick and get 'er done at all! I suck on the TM, haha.

      Delete
  16. Happy anniversary! Lola is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! And Lola also thanks you ;)

      Delete
  17. Happy blogiversary! I am so glad I found your blog! Keep up the good work girl! I love seeing pics of Lola too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have a great run at the half this weekend!!!

      Delete
  18. Happy bloganniversary! Haha that's too cute how your dog sits in the treat cupboard. Good thing she's cute! I'm with you..I can't hack the treadmill. I don't mind it for short times and then I have to do intervals just to keep myself from being super bored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh!

      Oh I know, the TM drives me bonkers!!!! I get so hot, and I nearly fall off EVERY time...lol.

      Delete
  19. Happy blogaversary! That ice and snow you have is insane. I don't blame you for griping about it (or for hitting the treadmill instead). And seriously, your pup is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Leana! Lola knows she's cute and tries to get away with as much as possible, lol.

      I am definitely ready for Spring to make it's grand entry!

      Delete
  20. I totally thought I posted on here...maybe it didn't go through. My internet has been flaking out on me lately. Happy, happy anniversary! Can't wait for another great year of running and writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      Ha, no worries! I'm so behind on blog reading right now I don't even know who I have read or haven't!

      Delete
  21. Happy blogiversary!! You were smart to run on the treadmill instead of that crazy ice! I do a lot of 'mill running during the winter because I'm too wimpy to go out in the dark... it's all about mind games. I always watch something, play music, and adjust either speed or incline every minute (seriously). It's never as good as outdoors, but you get used to it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie!

      I need to build up my mental stamina for the TM for sure. :)

      Delete
  22. Trying to find the Ultimate Dating Website? Create an account to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete