Sunday, 9 February 2014

Boston Bound Week 2 Complete!

It's Sunday, which means RUNday!!! :) 

Random side note: Before I was a Runner, I used to despise Sundays. I knew the next day was 'back to work' day and the weekend fun was over and done with for another five days. Now, I LOVE Sundays! I get to have a date with the road and it never cares how I look. ;) Funny thing is, I don't think Matt cares either since he sees me in sweats and PJs far too often and never complains, lol.

After yesterday's pace run, I had to pick up a few groceries and then well, wouldn't you know it.....look where I ended up by total random fluke! ;) 

There's been a Lulu gift card burning a hole in my purse since Christmas!!! How I held on so long, I'll never know.

I indulged in a nice Café Misto as I browsed. :) Is it  bad that the girls at Lulu know me as "The Runner???" LOL.

When I got home, I decided to check out my training run for tomorrow (Sunday). Please note the "Pre-activity comments" on the very bottom. ;) This is going to be printed off and glued onto my fridge! I am working on this. I promise I really am. ;)
Sunday
Lola and I were up bright and early for our morning run....Wait a sec, she just slept while I ran. Never mind.

Trying out my new Lulu Run Swiftly tights. I'm. In. Love. <3 They have super cute ruffled cuffs on the leg bottom and these handy dandy pockets on the thigh which accommodate my GUs very nicely. Plus, who says tights have to be black?!?!?! I'm really digging the blue.

So, hmm.  The run. Well, it wasn't crazy cold today. But it was brisk. That coupled with being out there for nearly two hours equals a frustrating inability to take in fluids. See exhibit A on the left: Frozen nuun water {insert whiny music tune here}. And, exhibit B on the right: Frozen Gatorade. :(

It wasn't until about 12 miles when I REALLY wanted a drink that I had no access. The first bottle I took in during the early miles (5-10) was super cold! I actually got an ice-cream Gatorade??? headache when I took it in. I kid you not.
 
There were a few other runners out today. I only saw maybe 4 since my route is pretty isolated on Sundays. I leave town, sort of, and venture out into the next town which has some pretty rolling hills. Then to make up a few of the final miles I ran out to the pizza place and home for a total of 14 big ones.
 
I was incredibly happy to be done. :D And also to ditch my slush and ingest some actual liquids to rehydrate.


BB Week Two Breakdown:

Total miles: 41

Tonight's Dinner will be a Taco Soup recipe that I discovered this fall from the Hungry Runner Girl's Blog. I am very excited about this. :)

Thanks again for hoppin' over to GGR. Have a wonderful evening!

Happy Running,
Heather

24 comments:

  1. I love those blue tights! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute tights! love the colour. I HATE when my bottle freezes. I got a pic after yesterday's half mara of that!! gotta love canadian winters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Frozen bottles make for a challenging run! I can't imagine racing and that happening :0 Great job on your 1/2!!!!

      Delete
  3. Very nice tights!!! If winter never goes away you can wear them at Boston. :) So I am glad to see I am only 2 weeks behind everyone's Boston training! THERE IS HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS hope! You will be at the start line in Hopkinton :D

      Funny thing is I actually thought they'd be great for Boston if this Winter doesn't let go!!!!!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Leana....love the blue!! Great purchase! I even said that to Tom as you ran by today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather! I love reading your blog. I have nominated you for a liebster award! Check out my post for more info:
    http://slowandsteadysarah.blogspot.ca/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say you better be sharing what you got from lulu! Love the tights that you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....When I previewed my post I actually thought the same thing! I do love the blue. :)

      Delete
  7. I love wearing colors that aren't black! Blue looks great on you :) I don't think I've ever had a bottle freeze on me... I have the opposite though in summer, freeze a bottle then go out for a run and by 10 miles in it's already disgustingly warm. Stupid hot southern summers!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmeline!

      Oh I understand about the summer fluids. Nothing says refreshing like a big gulp of steamy Gatorade. LOL ;)

      Delete
  8. Love the blue tights! I need to indulge in some new run gear in the next few weeks:) I remember the cold frozen drinks lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you need a hand shopping for new gear ;)

      Remember your super cold run where they guy drove you home?!?! I always think of that when I'm out there freezing these days.

      Delete
  9. Love those electric blue tights! I need to go shopping! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I'm super motivated to run when I get new gear!!! :D

      Delete
  10. Ahhh, I can't believe your Gatorade and Nuun actually froze while you were running! That's why you are totally bad ass! I used to hate Sundays, too, until they became my long run day. But I still get sad at the end of the day when I know I need to go back to work on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....super cold run! LOL.....thanks. I'm not sure how bad ass I am, but I appreciate the compliment. ;)

      Delete
  11. I love the color of the tights! You are seriously rocking it with your runs! 41 miles? WHOOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I am happy with my 41 mile week. Peak mileage goes somewhere between 50-55 miles in a month or so! :0

      Delete
  12. I LOOOVE your running clothes! Too cute, and perfect for Boston training!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! Funny enough, I was thinking about how they'd be perfect to wear during the marathon if Winter doesn't take a hike soon!!! ;)

      Delete