Sunday, 19 January 2014

Week 5/18 Complete!

Well I won't do that again!

You know, get all excited about the trail and think that Winter was done-zo.  As it turns out, we sort of had a storm last night that dumped a ton of snow on us.....lol. The trail was great while it lasted though (a whole day) ;)

Sommmmeone, wouldn't come in from playing and had to get their fur blow dried. {mega raised eyebrow}.  Neither of us were very happy about this....lol.
 
My pre-long run dinner consisted of this:  Chicken, veggies and brown rice.  

 Oh you know, just the usual kitchen findings: chia seeds, electrolyte tablets, Gu and chomps. ;)

My typical Sunday morning fuel that I know you just need to see. How many oatmeal and coffee pictures can I possibly take?! LOL

So here's our once again Winter Wonderland. 24 hours ago, this lawn was clear and that lovely brown dead grass colour...lol. Look how much snow is built up on our railings!!! It was super pretty though. :)

I sort of have a cold. :S Okay, I DO have a cold. I questioned running today, but promised myself that if I felt very tired/sick I'd turn around and go home. With my pace at an easy effort I felt surprisingly good. It was also very nice to see what a great job the city did with clearing the roads and sidewalks just in time for my Long Run. Thanks!

There was only one other runner I saw.....'The Running Lady,' as we refer to her since we didn't know who she was for the longest time. I do now know her name, but we still refer to her as 'The Running Lady.' :)  We always smile and wave at each other and definitely have very similar running schedules on the weekends.

For a slow paced run of 14 miles it went by shockingly fast. So weird how that happens. I wasn't even that tired when I was finished. I've been more fatigued from some recent 10 milers I've logged.
 
Post-run recovery fuel included a brunch date at Cora's with Jodi & Liane. After burning 1247 calories, I had to go all out and be sure to refuel right. :D And what better way to do that than with some fantastic breakfast food, constant coffee refills and great conversation? ;)

That sums up week 5/18 for Boston Training. How is time going by so quickly?! On Monday, January 27 my Training Peaks 'Boston Bound' program by Hal Higdon begins. I am super excited to start this interactive 12 week plan. Don't worry, there will be more info. on this as time nears. In the meantime I am following Hal Higdon's Intermediate 2 program with an easy run on Mondays instead of cross training. Stay tuned!
 
I hope you had a fantastic weekend and managed to log some miles. Thanks for stopping by GGR!
 
Did you get a blast of snow this weekend?
What's your favourite recovery run meal?
 
Happy Running,
Heather :) 

18 comments:

  1. So much snow! It's so pretty :) no snow here, it was nearly 50 today so it was a pleasant surprise for my 10 miler. This is obviously going to come as a complete and total shock to you but my fav recovery food is pizza ;) I'll have a normal breakfast or lunch post-run but a few hours later I want to eat allllll the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is my favourite post-race food! Love it :D

      Delete
  2. Nice mileage!! Holy guacamole!

    That pic of all the snow is too gorgeous. Wow. It makes me miss the north!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali!

      The snow pics are lovely, I was just secretly hoping we'd reached our quota of the white stuff this year ;)

      Delete
  3. LOL that pic of your doggie is just perfect. I know my cat would do the same if we let him out. We got "dustings" both mornings this weekend, but not enough to derail running. Except I can't run right now, so it doesn't even matter! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yep it shows exactly what I mean and I truly wasn't exaggerating!

      Delete
  4. I still don't know who running lady is...I thought I did...but now I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I nearly forgot about Cora's until you mentioned it in your post! That is my favorite breakfast place ever, and they don't have any here in the U.S.! At least, not that I know of. My husband and I discovered it when we were on our honeymoon in PEI. I'm glad to know they're still around...I'm holding out hope that we might get to go back someday!
    We were lucky enough to just get a light dusting of snow here in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! I feel like my 'blogging friends' live in far away mystical lands, lol. However you are really not that far away! Super cool you've been to PEI!

      Delete
  6. That picture of the pup is amazing! It looks like you had a lovely run, even though it was cold. Nice milage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I don't even think she learned her lesson. She's trying it again today!

      Thanks....it was a lovely run :)

      Delete
  7. You inspire me! I have never run 14 miles. I have ran two halves though. I am hoping to accomplish some long runs this summer!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We all inspire each other :) If you can do a half, you can definitely increase you mileage. Just remember slow and easy.

      Delete
  8. I love seeing pictures of snow! ( yes, just PICTURES of it,,haha) Sound like we might be getting a bit of a dusting down this way tonight/tomorrow. Your poor pup, was that snow frozen fast to him? Take care of yourself so you can get out there and run when the weather gets nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was frozen to her fur. :( She didn't seem to mind though since she's been playing in the snow ever since. I just keep checking her more often now..lol.

      Thanks so much, I'm feeling much better!

      Delete
  9. Hi Heather! Looks like you had a great weekend. I love Cora's too :) Looking forward to reading your blog! Thanks for joining CRB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal! :) I had a lovely weekend and who doesn't love Cora's?!?! ;) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete