Sunday, 12 January 2014

Saturday Shopping and of Course Running

How RUNderful has your weekend been?
 
My weekend sort of feels like someone stole a portion of it. Why does it feel so short???
 
I can't believe I forgot to show you a photo of my supper from Friday! I'm not sure why I feel the need to always take photos of my purple potatoes. I'm thinking it's their vibrancy. :) I only had 3 purple so I had to compromise and chuck in one baking potato. Still delish! It went along very nicely with our chicken and roasted vegetables.
 
Saturday
After Lola and I walked for a  mile, I headed out for my 7 mile pace run. My route was to go to the post office along the main road and back. This has been the first time in a long time I've done this route and I remembered why as I waited to cross the street as several cars zoomed by as though I were invisible. Thanks guys! ;)  I actually stopped counting after twenty. :(  It's a team effort everyone...show some love! ;)

 
My stomach was feeling a little queasy along the run and I'm not sure why. It passed off after about 4 miles or so. It's all good now. :D
 
There was super clear sidewalks. Yay!!! The weather was also very mild and it began to drizzle as I ran, which was quite refreshing as opposed to the arctic air that's been giving my face a real beating along the cold runs.
 
The Run
7 miles
55:23 minutes
7:55 avg. pace/mile (4:55 avg. km)  If you wonder how I figure this out, you can click here to use the Runner's World Pace Converter. :D You're welcome
 
After I was done showering and all warm again from my run, I noticed that my nails looked absolutely wretched! As I painted them with Covergirl's 'Grapevine' I watched The 40 Year Old Virgin.....that movie never gets old to me! LOL.


 If Lola were to blog about her walk she'd say something like this I'm sure: Everything smelled so wonderful today and some dog dared to pee all over every snow pile around. I had to go redo it all! And I took a very long time to get my work done. Then mommy saw two people running and said 'Hurry Lola, Mommy has to go run!' The nerve!

I saw Marg as Lola and I walked this morning and then another super fast lady who I recognize, but I don't think she knows who I am....she ran a 3:11 this year in the marathon people!!! I always become eager to start running when I see others go by.
 Do you get major Runner's envy when you see people running??? and you're not!

After lunch I went to the mall to pick something up and refuelled with a Salted Caramel Mocha...mmm.

Then I competed in the most difficult mental game of all..........Costco on a Saturday! :S The line up was super duper long and I got very bored.....so you get to see what I bought, lol.

While I was at the mall I picked up some honey stingers for my Sunday long run. Pink lemonade and orange blossom! :D

And, I've finally purchased a new pair of smart wools. These are my favourite winter running socks and you can virtually see through the bottom of my current two pairs. :( I still don't want to give them up....lol.

Well, I'm headed out for my 13 mile long run.....wish me luck!

Thanks for a lovely visit on this Sunday morning.....check back later to see how my long run goes. Have a beautiful day!

How long are you running today?
How do you mentally survive Costco on a Saturday? LOL
Do you use smart wools?

Happy Running,
Heather :)

18 comments:

  1. Have a great run! I did 10 really early so more of a medium-long but oh well. I don't have any smart wools! I need to try some at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try them out! I swear by them for winter running. They actually have some good versions for the summer too. :)

      Delete
  2. You are so brave to tackle Costco on a Saturday.....I avoid that place like crazy!!!

    Where do you buy the purple potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave, or insane??? lol. You can usually get the purple potatoes at Pete's :)

      Delete
  3. I gave you a good beep on your Saturday run! Recognized your Blue and Yellow Jacket right away!! Have a good run today! - Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YaY! I was wondering who that was. It WAS a good beep :D thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it totally makes me jealous to not run!! haha. Not much longer now:)
    Today is a perfect day for a long run, but a long walk with Sadie will do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much longer at all! I'm so excited for when you return to running.....and to meet Baby O of course!

      Delete
  5. I would not object to Lola blogging about her walks! :) How do you get your potatoes purple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Lola would love that! LOL. The potatoes are purple when you buy them :0 Like really dark purple. After they're cooked, you squeeze fresh lemon juice on them and they become super bright. It's really cool! I also mashed in shallots, green onions, fresh parsley, pepper and sea salt...mmm.

      Delete
    2. Wow I never saw purple potatoes!

      Delete
  6. We have the EXACT same taste in Starbucks beverages haha. I drool over every flavor you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Starbucks!!! Skinny Vanilla gets me every time :D

      Delete
  7. You picked a gorgeous nail color! I finally cut my nails this evening. It was much needed! I love Lola's blog. I often make stories for my dogs. Each one has their own voice. I hope your run went well this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love some funky nails :) I always paint them before a race too.

      Lola would absolutely love to have the bigger share of the blog...lol. She loves attention!

      Delete
  8. I have purple Smart Wools but I also LOVE the Mizuno thermal socks from Running Room. They are black with orange stitching. I know it's a little colder in NB than Hali but I swear by them when it gets below -20!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love all the mizuno breath thermo line. I totally LOVE their tights for winter running. I might have to check out those socks too. Would that be like cheating on my Smart Wools??? LOL

      Delete
  9. Yay for running! We don't have a Costco's here. We have other club stores but they usually aren't as busy!

    ReplyDelete