Saturday, 25 January 2014

Saturday 7 & Baby O!

Every Friday morning should begin with mini cinnamon rolls with coworkers. :) We had PD for the morning and then hit up the teacher favourite lunch joint: ChaBaa Thai. Life is good.  
 

Friday was my Rest day as you probably suspected. It was a good thing too since I had so many things to do after school at work and then get groceries on the way home. By the time I got home, I was completely zonked!

Saturday
Lola and I enjoyed a lovely walk before she headed to the doggie spa for the day. Or in other words, got her hair did. ;)

Soooo, our streets are still sort of snow covered :S But it's all good. My run today wasn't really affected by it except for the first and final 1/2 mile. Everywhere else I ran was clear. :) 

Distant Runners posted something on facebook this week about double thumb holes, and I never really thought much about it before then. I always double hook the thumb holes.......only one is hooked over for the pic but I ran with both covered over. ;)
 

I did an out-and-back route today that felt all uphill for the first 3.5 miles. The funny thing is that it didn't appear to descend quite as much as I anticipated on the way home. Weird how that happens. Between 3.5 and 4 miles the head wind of the year made an appearance. Wow, it felt like I was running backwards at one point. :S
 
Aaaaand, my potty mouth was activated when the hot water hit me in the shower: OUCH! I am still puzzled how I managed to chafe on a 7 mile run. I did dress quite warm since I thought it was colder than it was, but running less than an hour should not have caused this! I need to remember to put a Band-Aid there for my long run tomorrow.

Look who Courteney and I met post-run!!! Baby O finally made an appearance on Friday and he is even cuter than I imagined. Just wook at him. ((baby voice)) ;) His Mama rocks! She was at the gym just hours before she went into labour......there's nothing Idle about her Hide.


I've finally added a page element to my blog titled "Race Recaps." I have been thinking of doing this for months now, and have not gotten around to it in the thought that it would take forever. It really didn't and was super quick and easy. Just click on a race title and my blog post from that run will appear. :)  My 2014 Race Calendar has started to grow as well on the "Start Line Schedule" page.  Check it out!

Tomorrow's long run isn't that long. It's a scale back week in mileage for me. I have 10 miles to clock.

What's your distance for your long run this week?
What do you do with double thumb holes? Single or pull them both over?

Thanks for stopping by GGR and have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

14 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seem double thumb holes until now! I only have single thumb holes and now I'm a little jealous, lol. I'll probably do another 10-mile long run tomorrow unless I hit that number and decide I wanna go 11. I guess I'll find out once I'm running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my thumb holes! My run was supposed to be 10 as well, but I stubbornly kept going....lol.

      Delete
  2. I just use the one hole & ignore the other one. Lol too funny. This weekend I am running 10 miles for my "long" run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think I do that most times, but for some reason on cold days I double them up. LOL. Have a great run!

      Delete
  3. I don't have any shirts with thumb holes. I honestly don't get the holes... Are they to cover your hands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thumb holes obviously go over your thumb and the other material covers your hand. The only thing showing are your fingers. :)

      Delete
  4. I use both thumb holes! Also I'm kind of in love with thumb holes :) Baby Tate is so cute! Heidi is quite the badass ;) as are your abs girl!

    12 for me today, and I think I'm going to try running a brand new route so I'm a little too excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmeline :) I'm trying to work my core consistently for this training cycle.

      Visiting Heidi involved a lot of talk around baby Tate and of course, Running, LOL.

      Have a great run! New routes are super exciting to me :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Emmeline....I noticed your abs, not your chaffing in the pic. LOL....we runners are a funny bunch.

    Love the new page options!

    And Baby O is waaaaaayyyyyy too cute....I see spoiling him in the near future!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks! I like it as well in case I want to go back and easily find a race recap instead of scrolling through nearly 200 posts!

      Baby Tate's head smelled so awesome too. I hope she doesn't mind frequent stop ins to sniff his head. ;) JK

      Delete
  6. You rock girl! Thanks for being such an inspiration! I love that you run outside in this winter weather. I have not ran outside this week because it is freeeeeezing. When I read your blog you always inspire me. My goal this week is to try and at least run ONE day outside!

    I'm so happy Heidi had a healthy delivery! Baby O looks so cute!!!! Love his little hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I bet you would be surprised how quickly you warm up outside. I always overdress. Always! My body warms up and begins generating a lot of heat after 10 or so minutes.

      Baby O IS soooo cute! His head smells the best! lol.

      Delete
  7. I had no clue double thumb holes are a thing!

    My chafing is soooo bad. I chafed ONCE in that same spot, but it became eczema overnight. Over a year later, it's still there. Blah. It's so gross when I'm in a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you looking for free Google+ Circles?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete