Monday, 27 January 2014

Liebster Award



Amie over at Running on Healthy was super sweet and nominated me for a Liebster award! I promise I meant to do this post sooner! ((please forgive me))

In case you are wondering what the Liebster award is, it’s an award to help promote new bloggers. The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings such as dearest, lovely, and valued.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
  • Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
  • Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Easy Peesy Lemon Squeezy!

1. What is your favorite Holiday?
This one is hard! It's a big debate between Thanksgiving with all the beautiful colours, great running weather and FOOD.....And, Christmas with an awesome vacation, beautiful decorations, snow and FOOD! I'm going to pick Thanksgiving. :D

2. Name your top 3 favorite Vegetables.Easy! Broccoli, Sweet Potato and Carrots.

3. Favourite Musician? Have yous seen them in concert?
I love Coldplay! But I have not seen them in concert....yet. ;)

4. What made you start blogging? I figured I was annoying the heck out of all my facebook friends with my ramblings about my Boston Marathon Training in 2013 so I decided to begin logging it into a blog on February 16.  Now I'm hooked on blogging!

5. Cat person? Dog person? No animal person? I used to have a cat who I loved dearly, but he passed away in 2006. :(  In 2008 I got my beautiful dog Lola who is truly my best friend. Love her so much!

6. If you could change one thing about the place/city you live, what would it be?
That my family was closer.

7. What do you love most about the place/city you live? I am blessed to live in a strong running community with many races, trails and running personalities.

8. Share a vivid childhood memory. Surprisingly there are so many that stand out but one I can recall involves my awesome friend Gayla who I've known since a very young age. We were sledding down a giant hill and we thought it would be fun if one of us sat backwards. I think I was 8 at the time. Guess who sat backwards---Me! One steep hill later and some slight derailment meant my head clunked against a cement block that was down in some sort of ditch. I had a bad cut on my head that made blood appear everywhere! I'm Terrified of Blood!!! And so are my parents, lol. I still have a dent in the right side of my head now...what a great idea that was! ;)

9. What is your favourite form of exercise? What is your least favourite? Running wins by a landslide. Least favourite would have to be the stationary bike. :S

10. Favourite Color? Purple

11. Do you like your water plain, flavoured, or carbonated?  Plain water at room temperature is my absolute favourite and I drink loads of it a day!

Here are my questions:
1. What is your favourite distance to run?
2. When did you start running?
3. What is  your favourite brand of running shoe?
4. Solo Runner or Buddy Runner?
5. Favourite post-run snack?
6. What made you start blogging?
7. Do you have a pet? If so what kind?
8. What is something not related to fitness that you think others don't know about you?
9. What is your favourite TV show?
10. What do  you do with your race bibs?
11. What is a pre-race ritual you have?

I am contacting my nominees today!  Thanks so much Amie!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

19 comments:

  1. Love this! Also...room temperature? I'm so the opposite, as cold as possible please! Loved learning more about you, I'll have to get my answers to your questions ready this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes, I can't do the freezing cold water. I love reading answers to these types of posts!

      Delete
  2. I never heard the sledding story...or that you still have a dent...whozers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your nomination, and thanks for nominating my blog! I'll be sure to link through to you on my post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome....I look forward to the answers!

      Delete
  4. Ooh this will be fun! Thanks for the nom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fun! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogging community is great, especially us runners :)
    I loved that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS~I just saw that you nominated me! Thank YOU!!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yay, you're welcome! I'm happy to have found Run like a G as well :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I love these questions! I'll have to post mine this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the nomination! I cannot wait to answer the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award! :) I love reading people's answers to their questions- helps me get to know them.

    Also- I agree about the family being closer... I feel the same way with where I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy these types of posts for that very same reason :)

      Delete