Amie over at Running on Healthy was super sweet and nominated me for a Liebster award! I promise I meant to do this post sooner! ((please forgive me))
In case you are wondering what the Liebster award is, it’s an award to help promote new bloggers. The word Liebster is German and has a few different meanings such as dearest, lovely, and valued.
There are a few simple rules that you need to follow:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What is your favorite Holiday?
This one is hard! It's a big debate between Thanksgiving with all the beautiful colours, great running weather and FOOD.....And, Christmas with an awesome vacation, beautiful decorations, snow and FOOD! I'm going to pick Thanksgiving. :D
2. Name your top 3 favorite Vegetables.Easy! Broccoli, Sweet Potato and Carrots.
3. Favourite Musician? Have yous seen them in concert?
I love Coldplay! But I have not seen them in concert....yet. ;)
4. What made you start blogging? I figured I was annoying the heck out of all my facebook friends with my ramblings about my Boston Marathon Training in 2013 so I decided to begin logging it into a blog on February 16. Now I'm hooked on blogging!
5. Cat person? Dog person? No animal person? I used to have a cat who I loved dearly, but he passed away in 2006. :( In 2008 I got my beautiful dog Lola who is truly my best friend. Love her so much!
6. If you could change one thing about the place/city you live, what would it be?
That my family was closer.
7. What do you love most about the place/city you live? I am blessed to live in a strong running community with many races, trails and running personalities.
8. Share a vivid childhood memory. Surprisingly there are so many that stand out but one I can recall involves my awesome friend Gayla who I've known since a very young age. We were sledding down a giant hill and we thought it would be fun if one of us sat backwards. I think I was 8 at the time. Guess who sat backwards---Me! One steep hill later and some slight derailment meant my head clunked against a cement block that was down in some sort of ditch. I had a bad cut on my head that made blood appear everywhere! I'm Terrified of Blood!!! And so are my parents, lol. I still have a dent in the right side of my head now...what a great idea that was! ;)
9. What is your favourite form of exercise? What is your least favourite? Running wins by a landslide. Least favourite would have to be the stationary bike. :S
10. Favourite Color? Purple
11. Do you like your water plain, flavoured, or carbonated? Plain water at room temperature is my absolute favourite and I drink loads of it a day!
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favourite distance to run?
2. When did you start running?
3. What is your favourite brand of running shoe?
4. Solo Runner or Buddy Runner?
5. Favourite post-run snack?
6. What made you start blogging?
7. Do you have a pet? If so what kind?
8. What is something not related to fitness that you think others don't know about you?
9. What is your favourite TV show?
10. What do you do with your race bibs?
11. What is a pre-race ritual you have?
I am contacting my nominees today! Thanks so much Amie!