Sunday, 26 January 2014

Didn't stop at 10


Yes, we ate these nachos at dinner last night. :D They are not orange I promise.......the lighting where we sat was pretty dim. I also thought this guy was pretty stylin' in stripes. ;) And no I am not referring to the guy behind the glass! LOL.


Tempo Tune
My pick it up song today is brought to you by Sam Roberts Band. Love this one. Check out "We're All In This Together:"
 
If you read my post from yesterday you would see that I had a planned 10 miler on schedule. Well, about that. There appears to be some sort of a conundrum. Since my 12 week Training Peaks Boston Bound plan begins tomorrow, I went ahead and checked out the first long run of the plan. It's 10 miles. There was NO way I was doing 2 back to back weekend long runs of 10 miles. So I decided that if I felt good today I'd log a little longer run than that. So I did.
 
                        
 
In case you're looking at the stats and thinking that I have found some sort of secret speed magic, I haven't. If you recall, last Sunday I was taking the pace super easy because of my lingering cold and my tight knee from banging it in my door. Today I did push the pace for a few of my mid-miles and then scaled down for the final few.
 
There was yet another strong head wind today during many parts of my run. :S It always seemed that way when I was climbing a hill. You know, just to make it extra tough. Thanks Mother Nature.

My recovery lunch really did the trick post-run. Lola thought the toast with almond butter was totally awesome and ate nearly 1/4 of my bread. {raised eyebrow}

Speaking of my little furry diva. Look how has her hair cut! She was angry with me for the entire afternoon yesterday so when she finally warmed up today I got her to pose for the camera. :) She thinks her new do makes her look slimming. ;)

Week 6/18 is complete in my Boston Marathon training. Isn't it crazy how time is flying by?! As you can see, Wednesday's run did not happen as a result of the Blizzard that shut the city down. I did a strength workout that day instead.

There are currently two blogger award posts that I'm working on as well. I promise they will be posted tomorrow or Tuesday. Promise!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and thanks again for stopping by GGR. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

19 comments:

  1. Are you coming home for the Tely 10 this year? A bunch of us ran the route yesterday morning...it was -21 windchill...burr...I won't be saying that in July :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janice, I am certainly hoping to come home for it. I'm jealous you get to run the route as a training run ...lol.

      Delete
  2. Lola is so adorable! :) Way to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Lola looks soooo soft after her haircut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) She's beginning to like it, lol.

      Delete
  4. You did way more miles today than you planned...what happened to 12? LOL

    I am dreaming of warming days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're feeling good, go with it is my motto ;)

      Delete
  5. Aw Lola looks great! I feel like April is coming wayyyy too fast but I guess it old be a good thing or a bad thing ;) 1/3 of the way to Boston!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      When you put it that way, 1/3 sounds pretty huge! :0 LOL.....I actually got butterflies when I read that!

      Delete
  6. An impromptu 14 miles?! You are a beast! I just did 7 yesterday and my legs were pretty tired afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks! My legs sure knew it was 14 after I was done ;)

      Delete
  7. Oops, don't know why I typed 7, I meant 11!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the run!!! I love it when you feel amazing and can just keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Awesome run! Why is it that the head wind always likes to act up while you are running up a hill??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Weird how head winds do that!!

      Delete
  10. 14 miles instead of 10? You rock girlfriend! Awesome pace!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh la la Lola, looking sexy!!! Great run and great pace! I need someone like you to run with. :)

    ReplyDelete