Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

It's Christmas Eve! 

I hope all of you are safe after your travels and reached your destination for the holidays or if having a staycation like myself, that you've finished all necessary preparations and you are ready to enjoy! :)

When  you wake up on Christmas Eve do you still get that tummy excitement with the realization that Today is Christmas Eve?  I totally had that feeling today. And then I leaped out of bed to get the day started!

I tried to get semi-festive this morning for my run....lol. I wore Santa Socks and my red Boston Sweaty  Band that reads "Wicked Fast Runnah." I love that one! I was also wearing Santa earrings too, but they're pretty small to see here.

I did a nice 5.1 mile run through the neighbourhood this morning and snapped some photos along the way. I also ran into Samantha twice on the run! :) 
 The Run
5.1 miles
40 min 38 sec
7:59 avg. pace/mile

I also saw these pretend Carolers that I at first thought were real people the other night! LOL. There was also a festive Holly bush on my way home. :) 


When I was all done my run I baked some pudding cookies. I took a bunch to my mechanic on my to do some last minute shopping. :)
 
We are having a Winter Wonderland of flurries now which sets a great Christmas Eve atmosphere. :)  Tonight Matt, Lola and I will drive around looking at Christmas lights and then indulge in some tasty treats.  What are your Christmas Eve plans?



Thanks for stopping by GGR today!

Happy Running & Merry Christmas,
Heather :)

11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Mommy! Love Matt & Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Heather! Thank you for all you're wonderful blogs, they are sure source of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Enrique!

      I am so happy you read my posts :) Knowing people are reading is a very high source of motivation for me! :D

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Heather! Thank you for all you're wonderful blogs, they are sure source of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did a Christmas run around town too and I loved seeing the decorations around the neighborhoods!
    I love the puppy picture! Hope you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....she's a cute puppy! ;)

      I listened to some Christmas music on my run as well to make things more festive :) I hope you had a great Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you had a great Christmas Eve! We did as well! We relaxed around the house for most of the day, then spent the night at my parents so that we could wake up with them Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hillary!

      I'm glad you had a great Christmas. It's always good to spend Christmas with parents. We go home to Newfoundland some years, but the weather has not been cooperative this year. We still had a lovely Christmas here with our little family. :)

      Delete
  6. I feel kind of sad...like, I don't get butterflies in my tummy or super excited and jazzed for Christmas! Maybe because I didn't grow up with it? I like it fine haha...I love your Christmas spirit though, and kind of wish I could have even just a fraction of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has to do with how it's been ingrained in you...lol. For instance, my sisters and I would go nearly bananas in the days leading up to Christmas. I'd try to 'see' Santa on Christmas Eve, snoop for presents, etc. You know, the usual..LOL.

      Delete