Saturday, 28 December 2013

Don't tell Matt & Snow Much Running!

Hey there running friends!

If you are like me, you have definitely consumed more than your share of Turkey and Christmas leftovers by now.  :D I have really been enjoying Turkey Sandwiches as a way of refuelling post-run these days.
What's your favourite Christmas food been this year?

Tempo Tune
Don't tell Matt, but I have been playing a song on repeat these past few days that he said I'd 'love' and I promised that I most certainly would not! LOL. This is not a brand new song, but it's brand new to my running playlist. It's "The Monster," by Eminem ft. Rihanna. I have a few Eminem songs on my ipod, but I am really not a Rihanna fan. I'm sorry to all the "I <3 Rihanna" fans out there! Definitely my favourite on the run song these days. Did you know that Eminem also runs?! :)
 
Friday
So today I braved the crowds and headed to the Mall to get my watch sized.  This was most certainly the craziest day (people wise) I have ever stepped foot into the mall! :0  Clearly I would need reinforcements. Say 'hello' to Candy Cane Hot Chocolate a la whip cream :D
 
It was such a beautiful Winter's day outside. Check out how much snow fell: 
 


 
It was so gorgeous out I decided to go for a super short easy run. I saw Heidi and Sadie along the way! 
The Run
3.2 miles
26 min
8:07 avg. pace/mile
 
Saturday
I am gladly entering 'Training Mode' after many days of indulgence. I've been pretty good in terms of treating myself, but there's always room for improvement.
 
For breakfast today I mixed Oatmeal with Qia and then added some blueberries. This reliable breakfast powers my running like none other. It goes very well with coffee of course. ;)
 

I sported this new hoodie from Gap Fit today. The Hungry Runner Girl mentioned this hoodie on her blog a while back and I thought "if she recommends it, it must be good!" To my surprise we had them here in Canada too.....of course I bought one. :D  
 
When I woke up today I was very eager to go run. And when I was running, I didn't want to go home. :)  Before I knew it I was over 7 miles so I decided to clock it as a day at 10. The roads were partially snow covered but totally 'runnable.' I saw one other runner today. That was it. Well two if you count the dog he was with....hehe. 
 
Check out this shot I snapped by pure accident. I thought it was pretty cool.
 

Here's what I was actually trying to get.....lol.
The Run
10 miles
1 hr 22 min
8:12 avg. pace/mile

I really want to thank ABK for introducing me to the Daily Mile! I have just started using it and am pretty sure I'm already addicted. :D It is a shame that I just started using it during the last week of the year though....lol.
 
And just to make you smile....................
I hope you enjoy the rest of your Saturday. Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Happy Running,
Heather :) 


8 comments:

  1. Heather! Monster by Eminem and Rihanna is the best running song. I enjoy the song anyway but when I run to it I'm super pumped up. Happy Running!
    Gill from TTP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gill!
      I am so glad you like the song too :) it really pumps me up as well!

      Thanks for reading :D

      Delete
  2. Your puppy is too cute!! And as far as oatmeal goes, it is definitely my go-to breakfast before my runs too! I definitely feel it when I don't have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we think she's okay. ;)

      I can't believe how much better my runs are when I have oatmeal. I've been lazy lately and just whipping up 'special k' .....lol. But it's back on the oatmeal train for me. :D

      Delete
  3. Haha I remember you pausing your iphone and saying that you had Eminem blaring:) Today was gorgeous and I was wishing I could go for a run! I'm playing it safe after the O'Brien plague:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I totally forgot that...lol.

      I agree with playing it safe. I've run when I thought I was 'better' before and ended up feeling 10x worse.

      I can't wait to meet Baby O! :)

      Delete
  4. Okay I'm sooo jealous of your snowy runs!!! I'll bet they're so peaceful. Eminem is a guilty pleasure artist for me, and I don't like Rihanna but together they do make great music! I'm glad you're loving DM. If nothing else, it will be a perfect place to start tracking your 2014 miles! I need to find you on there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.....as I read that I am currently jealous of your runs with palm trees in the background! ;)

      I don't know why Eminem pumps me up on the run so much, lol. I'm glad you like it as well. :)

      I LOVE Daily Mile....thanks again!

      Delete