Wednesday, 4 December 2013

BIG NEWS!!!

So......what will you be doing on April 21, 2014????

Well, I'll be RUNNING THE BOSTON MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excited much!? I know what you're thinking: "Didn't she already miss her division cut off by 14 Seconds with her qualifying time of 3:33:36???" You'd be correct in such thinking. It was devastating.

Recently the B.A.A. announced to the public that the organizers were "Issuing a limited number of invitational entries for the 2014 Boston Marathon for those who were most impacted by the events of April 15, 2013." Of course I did not think I would stand a chance and didn't even really consider applying for such a special invite, thinking I couldn't handle getting shut out two times for a race my heart wanted to run so badly.  What the heck, I'd give it a shot (I decided). And today at 2:45 I was offered an official invite to run the 2014 marathon based on my submission! THANK YOU B.A.A!
 Best mail I'd received in a long time!

Check out what else I've been up to............

Monday
Super duper easy shake out run over in a nearby subdivision. I ran at a very easy pace and even saw Heidi who was on her way to Yoga! The total for my run was 3.66 miles (5.88km). My time and pace are a big ??? since I left my garmin running while chatting with Heidi.....lol.

Tuesday
I am learning how to 'listen' to my body....this is a Science in itself! My brain has a lot of running related info. stored in it somewhere, but my heart always thinks that it's a great day to run. Such a conundrum. Knowing my legs need rest and giving my legs rest are two completely different things.

I decided to go to Yoga after school today to stretch out some of those super tight muscles and to also give my body some much needed relaxation.
Fuzzy socks are always welcome to Yoga! :)
 
When I came home I worked out with my 10 lb weights and did some ab workouts. Lola thought this would be a great opportunity to have some time with Mommy....lol.

Wednesday
After doing oodles of schoolwork today when I got home, I headed out for an easy 10k run. Unfortunately for me my Garmin hadn't located a satellite when I pressed start. :S  Therefore, I knew my distance, but no time or pace.
 
The Run
6.25 miles (10km)
 
Well, I'm off now to do a cart wheel in my kitchen.... Thanks again BAA!!! :D
 
So glad you stopped by GGR. Have a wonderful evening!
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Santa Shuffle is on Saturday! 

24 comments:

  1. AAAH that's so exciting!! I'm so glad you got in!! You definitely deserve it and earned it!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! :D I'm so beyond happy I cannot think of a word to describe, lol!

      Delete
  2. So exciting! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on going to Boston! My sister ran the Boston Marathon last year and that was one of my most exciting and devastating moments rolled into one afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think that's an excellent way to describe that day. Pure enjoyment and then fear. :S I look forward to going back and having another experience in Boston. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on going to Boston! My sister ran the Boston Marathon last year and that was one of my most exciting and devastating moments rolled into one afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news! So happy for you! Xoxo Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered if it had something to do with Boston, but I couldnt figure out how... i‘m so excited for you! I cant wait to follow along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I was dying to tell everyone, but I wanted to do it in true blogger fashion ;)

      Delete
  7. So excited for you....you have no idea. I knew it was running related....what a fantastic early Christmas present!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....thanks! I just love how demanding you were that I tell you! You know I'd do the same darn thing.....lol. I will also forgive you for the name you called me! LOL.

      Delete
  8. Ahhhhhhhh soo exciting!!! Can't wait to give you a high five in person at the Santa Shuffle!! :)

    What a great early Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Christmas came early! Thanks Janet :)

      we'll totally high five at the Santa Shuffle!

      Delete
  9. Very exciting Heather, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are very proud and happy for you! Love Matt & Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is AWESOME news! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey congratulations!!! I will be running it too, as long as my knee cooperates. :) I am trying not to get too excited about it in case I am not able to run it. But I gotta stay positive, right!? Have you ever run it before??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's exciting! Stay positive :)

      Yes, I ran it for the fist time in 2013.......a race I won't forget anytime soon!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on making it to Boston! What a wonderful letter to receive!

    ReplyDelete