Thursday, 31 October 2013

Quick Update & Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween running friends! And of course non-running friends---I just really doubt they're reading my blog!

This pumpkin carving business isn't as easy as it looks! After meticulously carving in my digits, poor Marvin (White guy on the right), ;) had a botched nose job and part of his face fell to the floor! What a blood bath. LOL. After strategically manoeuvring with toothpicks in specific angles, Marvin is now okay to be seen in public.

The best thing about pumpkin carving...........Roasted Seeds! mmm

This morning Lola wanted to wish every pawdy a Happy Halloween too. :)

Okay, my weekly workout recap will appear tomorrow. But, long story short: "I had to pay a visit HERE after work today." :(  Never fear, it's just Strep and I will recover! :)
I always wait like a sitting duck post-marathon for the first germ or virus to camp out and take over my body.  Well, wait no longer. Your body is so stripped, depleted and worn down after running 26.2 miles, that your immune system becomes compromised and your body becomes more vulnerable to parasites...especially the type you find in an elementary classroom, {cough}. You know, like when you are sitting eye level with a kid who 'forgets' to cough into their elbow, {raised eyebrow}.

I'm sorry Lola, but you make one cute cheerleader! Hehehe. This took A LOT of bargaining that may or may not have involved Pupperoni. Yep. "Rah Rah Ruff" she says. ;)


So with an 'encouraged' sick day tomorrow, I'll be RESTing it up. Check in later for my week recap in running.

Thanks for checkin' in on GGR and have a spooktacular day! ;)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

8 comments:

  1. Get better soon! Cute Cheerleader by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud when I read "what a blood bath"!!

    I'm surprised Little Fox hasn't come home with any germs yet. i assumed the first month of kindergarten would be bad. So far so good, but I know it's coming!

    Our Molly-Dog would NEVER wear a costume. She'd chew it off, I'm sure. It was a struggle just to get her bandanna on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm a germ sponge...especially with racing season.

      Lola would not walk two steps with that on...lol. I showed it to her again this morning and she ran! LOL.

      Delete
  3. I love your pumpkin, and Marvin is cute too:) We dressed Sadie up, well Kenny did lol. I went to the gym after work so I only saw about 30 trick or treaters once I got home. Just think- next Halloween you'll have a little visitor from our house:)

    Feel better soon, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually missed a whole slew as well from being at the doctor and the pharmacy. :( I ended up giving the kids I did see piles of candy. It was fun to see their faces when I was dumping it in.....lol.

      I can't wait to see your little visitor!

      Delete
  4. Mm, I love pumpkin seeds! I'm sick today too...I woke up with a sore throat and pain in my ears. I'm hoping it's just a cold, because anything else and I'm not sure how I'll recover in time for my half next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you speedy recovery vibes! And also very good luck on your half marathon!!!!!

      Delete