Friday, 18 October 2013

PEI Prep!

Holy smokerinos!

I'm leaving in the a.m. for PEI! :0 Can you remember way back when in July when I decided that PEI would be Marathon #7 for me? That really seems like a short while ago. I've had race buzz butterflies all day and I predict that tomorrow there will be a swarm of them in my belly.

Tempo Tune
To help mentally pump me up for the marathon Colleen was so lovely to send me a link to a song that would be just perfect for my playlist. Check out One Republic's "Counting Stars." It's fantastic!

 

Marathon To Do List!
Yes, I need to write things down so that I don't forget anything. It was very liberating to check off many of these things today as I got to work. :)  
 


Wednesday Run
Tonight was my last official training run on the 18 week Intermediate 2 schedule. :D  It was so awesome to see every run ticked off on the fridge after it was completed. Mother Nature didn't make this happen easy though.  My run took place in gale force winds and torrential down pours, but I got it done!

The Run
4.11 miles
30:59 minutes
7:32 Avg. pace/mile

 
When I got home, Lola helped me load my stats onto the blog. ;)
And then of course she had to check facebook.

Thursday and Friday are both rest days for me. Then tomorrow morning {Saturday} I will do a quick 2 mile shake-out-my-marathon-nerves-run. It really helps me pound off some pre-race jitters. :D
 
So it's off to the land of Potatoes and Anne of Green Gables tomorrow. I'm very excited! And, I'm actually going to get to meet my sneaker guy, Hashem, in person!!! Don't worry, I'll totally paparazzi him out for the blog. ;) 
 
It's also my first time running in this marathon. That always leaves that 'fear of the unknown' in me. Especially when you hear rumblings of how 'hilly' Prince Edward Island actually is, {Gulp}. This marathon is point to point. You know what that means: Bussed to the start, just like Boston. 
 
Goals
I always like to set a good, better and best goal for a race.
Good = 3:40>  Better = 3:35> BQ  Best = 3:32:56 >  PR!
 
Definitely check in on Sunday night for my Recap---Don't miss GGR's Marathon #7! Wish me luck :)
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)



17 comments:

  1. Good luck to you and Matt in PEI! I'm sure you guys will rock it ;-) Will call you when you're back to Timberlea! Take care...xoxo Carla :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will need all the luck I can get ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good luck Mommy, I will be cheering you on! Don't forget my cheese bone! Lola.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck in your race as well!!! :D

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a great run!

    Christy (we met at RRR)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christy! It was great to meet you :)

      Delete
  5. Yayyyyyyy!!! So exciting!! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! So many exclamation marks!!!

    Safe travels and good luck! You're going to rock it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet! Soooo excited!

      Full recap Sunday night ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm a list maker as well! Good luck and can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! Race nerves are certainly kicking in :)

      Delete
  7. Love the list:D Good Luck girl, you'll do amazing, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's not listed, I'll lose it, lol. Thanks for the motivating words Heidi!

      Delete
  8. You've done the training...you know your marathon cycle....you've got this girl! Got get 'em!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courteney! Text you when I'm done :D

      Delete
  9. I'll be waiting! hope to see you! Good luck!!!!

    PS. I just got home, after being out all day. I just started my race-prep list!

    ReplyDelete