Saturday, 28 September 2013

Run or Dye & RRR Recap!

Wowzers!

So much running & racing today.  This is the first time I've ever been a part of two races in less than 12 hours apart! I have lots to share so let's get busy. :)  ***Warning: Oodles of pictures....

Run Or Dye
At 5:30 this morning my alarm went off and I wished Matt luck as he headed out the door for his Leg (#1) in the Rum Runner's Relay, which was beginning at 6:30 a.m.  I got up and had an Eggo waffle with coffee. Then at 5:50 in comes Courteney! I wasn't quite ready but we were out the door at 6:09 :D 

We headed to Windsor where the event was being hosted at Ski Martock.  Check out this scene:
!
The purple dust is the dye being thrown!

Us at the start line.  We thought we were so cool with ALL this dye on us. 
Little did we know, this was nothing!

 See, told you.  BTW, still not started the actual run yet....lol.  Nice photo bombing guys. ;) 

This is during the actual race.  The pink dust is what you run through. At each kilometre marking you literally get dye thrown at you, like in yo face! The volunteers were scooping it out of buckets and firing it right at you!


All done and had to get an 'after shot!'  hehe. 
 
I said buh bye to my $3 Garage red glasses after the first 500m. :(  I didn't even notice them fall out of my tutu waist.  At least they weren't my good white running shades!

In case you're wondering, I'm squeaky clean once again. ;)
The Run
5km
Not timed, but super fun. :D

 If Run or Dye comes to a town near you, you HAVE to do it!  I mean who doesn't love paying $20 bucks to run through the woods bright and early while people hurl handfuls of stuff at you!?!? ;) Do it!

Rum Runners
I high-tailed it to the shower upon arriving home and prepped for my next run of the day....Leg #8 at Rum Runner's! This leg is a beast.  So hilly and boy did it get warm this afternoon when it was my turn to run.  :0 



Matt and Lola made for an awesome cheering squad and they even snapped some pics along the way. :) It was super cute to see Lola's shaggy head hanging out the window of the vehicle and Matt shouting, "Go Mommy!" LOL



My speedy friend Erin who did the run in less than
50 minutes!? How does one even move their legs
fast enough to accomplish this!?!?
The Run
8 miles
1hr 1 min
7:38 Avg. pace/mile

Yay to double race days! Now if you need me for the remainder of the weekend, I'll be passed out on the couch. :D Except early tomorrow morning: I have my final 20 miler to do!
Thanks for poppin' in and checkin' out GGR!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun weekend :-) Cool pics too! Carla :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a super fun, exhausting, weekend! LOL. Tonight will definitely be a PJ night ;)

      Delete
  2. You're a beast (a good one lol) for doing an extra 5 k with the hilly RRR! I love your cheering squad...too cute and they got an awesome pic of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi, I don't think I've ever been called a beast.....but I like it! :D Matt and Lola are always my best cheerleaders ;)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Heidi...a great way to end the month of September!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a great way! How fun was Run or dye!?!?

      Delete