Sunday, 8 September 2013

My Weekend Recap

Happy Sunday Runday folks!

Matt and I are truly amazed at how the end of my Summer Vacation prompted the end of the hot humid summer weather. It literally transitioned to 'Fall like Weather' overnight. Sure makes for great weekend running weather!

Saturday
Breakfast started out with the usual: Oatmeal with chia seeds, strawberries and blueberries. Coffee is my sidekick! ;)

Enigmas are striking a pose for your viewing pleasure. :) Can you see my little stick running girl peeking out from my sock? :)

Today was a 6 mile training run.  I was suffering once again from allergies........boo! BTW: when does allergy season end??? I felt physically good overall, with the exception of my squinty watery eyes and runny nose {raised eyebrow}.  The weather was cooler than I've been used to which I loved! I ran out along the main road using the sidewalk to the Pizza Place and back for a total of 6 miles.

The Run
6 miles
48:05 minutes
8:01 Avg. pace/mile

Today I decided I'd show you some of the wear and tear of my Nimbus 15s. The crew at the running room say it's great to bring in your old runners for them to assess when shopping for new shoes.  As you can see from the right hand picture, I have literally destroyed the material on the outer edge of my sole on the inside of my shoe.  These sneakers had 359 miles (574 km) on them.

I thought I'd snap a shot of Matt's and my new footwear. :)  I really like the new ones Hashem sent to Matt!  It's also cool that both have fluorescent yellow on them. ;)
 
On Saturday afternoon after I ran a million errands, I baked these little goodies that I saw on facebook. I don't know what they're actually called, but what you do is:
  • mix one cup of quick oats,
  • three ripe bananas,
  • one heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter and
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Mix all ingredients well and put spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!

No Saturday afternoon in September is complete without a Pumpkin Spice Latte, mmmmmm!

Some dogs just have it too rough.  <3

Sunday
Today was a 'step back' run on the schedule. For the past 3 Sundays, I've been climbing in mileage (17, 19 and 20 miles).  Therefore, today is a 'step back' long run to allow for recovery.  I felt kind of weird not doing an actual long run, since Hal Higdon says 'You're in real long-run territory with 16+ miles.'  He is also the man whose schedule I'm following and put in the step back week, lol....soooooo, I obviously listened. Next weekend I'm racing in the 1/2 and I have a scheduled 20 miler!

I felt very good on my run today.  The weather was awesome for a nice crisp run along the trail.  I can't even tell you how many people I saw running today! I thought it might rain, so I  didn't take my phone and I wore a hat.  It did not rain for the entire run.....yay! I ended up doing 12.5 miles since that equates to an even 20km. :D

The Run
12.5 miles
1hr 39 minutes
8:00 Avg. pace/mile

Each mile was between 7:55 and 7:37, with the exception of my drink break which scored a lovely 8:33. :S I was happy with my overall pace today though. :)  

Don't you just love how Lola greets me with her messy bed-head hair? LOL.

After lunch I was fully immersed into "Schoolwork Sunday." :S  After I had my paperwork done and planning completed, I started on food prep for the week.  I like to pre-pack some snacks that can go into baggies so that they're ready to just 'grab and go' when I need them. Clearly I'm a fan of salty crunchy snacks.

I hope you've had a super weekend and took some time to relax, and run of course. ;)  Thanks for stopping by GGR!

Happy Running,
Heather :)
Maritime Race Weekend is in 5 days!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so yummy! I'm jealous that you have fall-ish weather already. I'm waiting and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new kicks!!! Will a full review of them be coming our way???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure thre will be once I get to know them a little better ;)

      Delete