Friday, 6 September 2013

I Cheated...............

Once again, I am celebrating the fact that the weekend has indeed arrived!  That's back to school time for you. And what better way to start off my weekend than some after-work sneaker shopping!?

I Cheated..........
I'm not proud of what I'm about to tell you, but I'm afraid I've 'cheated' on my sneaker guy. :(  I have loyally purchased my running shoes from Hashem now for over 4 years. He's been awesome to me in our running relationship, however today I couldn't resist the urge to spend my $60 credit on some new running kicks.  I hope he'll forgive me......lol. I should tell you that I plan on buying my next pair from him indeed......there is no way I would have paid full price today for a pair of sneakers if I didn't have my credit & gift cards, ;) Just sayin'.   

Check em' out:
They are the Mizuno enigmas and I must admit that I do love them. We'll see how I feel about them once they join me for my morning run tomorrow.
 
I am certain that the Running Room workers were secretly wishing I'd hurry up and choose my shoes and get the heck out of there. I asked a zillion and one questions, showed them my unattractive blood-blistered big toes---which by the way, is a new to me running phenomenon that I do not wish to continue, and proceeded to run up and down the isles of the store in many different styles of shoes. Don't worry, I will not punish you by posting pictures of my toes with the gigantic bloody blisters. I think we can all agree that no one wants to see that stuff!
 
We came to the conclusion that my beaten to death Nimbus 15s were squishing my toes for some reason on recent runs, especially long runs, and I had the outer edge of the shoe completely worn away, since I am a mid-foot striker who rolls my foot inwards upon landing on my toes.  So basically, all of the foam/gel that the sneaker companies put in the inner back portion of my stability and neutral shoes, I'm not even using. 
 
 
 
Check out my left foot striking the ground.  Please ignore the fact that I am on the verge of vomiting here. This is what I'm talkin' about! ------------------------------------------>



 P.S. Hashem if you're reading this, I'm sorry. But I will be back.
 
Recap of Weekday Runs
 
Wednesday
I did get out slightly earlier tonight for my run and I was home in plenty of time for a shower and Coronation Street! :D Life is good.
 
Tonight's run was a scheduled 6 miler.  I ran out along the main road to the pizza place, which is my 5k (3.1 mile) turn around point.  Then I ran home.  It was crazy hot and humid with temperature in the high twenties. I was sweating like a champ and felt sluggish.  When I was at the 3 mile mark a Dad and his kids were out for a stroll and he yells, "Let's cheer the runner!" So him and the kids started yelling "Wahoo" and clapping! It was pretty funny and cool.  I raised my arms as if I was crossing a finish line and started to laugh.  This kind of pumped me up a bit. :D 
 
The Run
6.2 miles
48:29 minutes
7:49 pace/mile

Thursday
If you're a frequent reader of Girl Goes Running, then you probably know that I always find the Thursday run the hardest to get out the door. Not to mention that this has been my premier week back to school.....which all you teacher readers know means heavy duty workload and extreme exhaustion along with massive consumption of your favourite caffeinated beverages. :D

It rained for a bit today and all the while I walked Lola. But then.............it cleared up. Look who else doesn't like rainy days! hehe.


I have to admit that this was the 'coldest' run I've had since probably June. It was maybe 12-14 degrees Celsius out?  Yes, this is my ideal temperature for running, so I was psyched. It did feel like a dramatic shock at first though to step out and not be sweating up a storm during the first mile.

I passed by Courteney going in the opposite direction at the 1.4 mile mark.....we were dressed as twins with the same t-shirt and both wearing capris.....too funny!

The Run
5 miles
38:25 minutes
7:40 pace/mile

When I got home I decided to do an ab and an arm workout while watching Coronation Street. I can get used to that combo! 
Friday
Running's Rest Day.  Or basically the day where all I do is think about how badly I want to go run and why is it that it seems like I see more runners out and about on my days off????

Check out my fuel for this Sunday's long run.........hehe. Just kidding! Since I went sneaker shopping today and the Running Room is super duper close to the Freak Lunchbox Candy Store, I just had to go in!
 
How happy was I that the folks at Runner's World didn't forget me and my monthly reading fix this month!? :)
 
Yes, that is a sneaker box below the magazine.  I'm not the only one who got new running kicks today. ;)
 
I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit.  Thanks for checking out GGR!
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
Maritime Race Weekend is in 7 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky to have such an obvious pic of your pronation. I wish I had such definite proof!

    Back to school time is SO rough. I'm 5 weeks in and just now adjusting to the schedule.

    ReplyDelete