Wednesday, 28 August 2013

It's That Time of Year Again

Yes, that time. Where I am grabbing on for dear life to the last little tid-bit of Summer Vacation. :(

I've spent the last three days configuring my new workspace, a.k.a. my classroom for the upcoming school year.  I'm working in a new school with new staff and new little ones which is nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. :) 

Don't worry though.  I've still been getting in my runs.....with the exception of Monday's Recovery Run, but I'll fill you in on that in a sec.

I just thought I'd show you a view of what I usually see when I return home from my runs.  Miss Lola passed out and catching up on her beauty sleep............diva.
Monday
Following my ginormous 19 miler on Sunday, my body was not having any part of basically anything that required movement.  :S  I had developed 2 huge blisters, one on each of my big toes.  I honestly debated posting a pic of it, but decided against showing you my grotesque runner feet...lol.  Long story short, one of the blisters got popped-------I may or may not know how...lol.  Which then led to excruciating pain. {boo to popped blisters}.

I got up and dressed, Garmin and all, with full intentions on heading out for a super slow 3 mile shake out my soreness run.  I knew I wasn't feeling 100% but I kind of ignored it. After walking Lola I put a few things in my car to take to work later that day and I started sneezing like a champ with a crazy runny nose. Being sore from the run + my sneezing fit led me to believe I was getting sick.  So I decided that I'd go to work for a bit and possibly run when I got home later in the day if I was feeling better. No such luck. :( Sick all day. 

I didn't run but did a lame plank for a couple of minutes...lol.

Monday = Forced Rest Day.

Tuesday
I woke up today praying that I was all better. 

I did fell a whole lot better and made the decision that I'd get my scheduled 5 mile run in no matter what. My legs were surprisingly still sore-ish and my whole body felt sluggish for the entire run. It also felt like I was pulling a sleigh behind me.  Basically, not my best run ever, but it was sunny and I got it done!

The Run
5 miles
41 minutes
8:14 pace/mile

My Recovery shake was a new mixture to me.  Tasty though! :)
  • 2 bananas (I accidently put in a second one.....don't ask)
  • frozen pineapple chunks
  • frozen blueberries
  • ice cubes
  • almond milk
  • one scoop of whey protein powder
  • a splash of water
I feel like I had a great strength workout on Tuesday as well.  After moving and lifting many desks, boxes and chairs for 4 hours you really work up a good sweat!

When I finished my classroom work on Tuesday I headed over to the Running Room to pick up my winning $50 gift card! :D  I didn't spend it yet as I thought I was being impulsive....lol. So I think I'll think long about the best way to spend it.

Wednesday














Yes, as you can see I had a 10 mile training run this morning, not without some encouraging words from Matt & John Stanton though...lol.


I bought this new flavour of nuun yesterday at the Running Room. It's Strawberry Lemonade and I really enjoyed it on my run today. :) Have you tried nuun yet?

The Run
10 miles
1hr 22min
8:16 pace/mile

Today I ran out along the main road into the rolling subdivisions. It is a much more challenging run for me to do this route.  I have a feeling my sore legs will be hitting up the nice flat trail for tomorrow's easy 5 miler. ;)







I had a very yummy recovery shake today post-run. I put in
  • some blueberries,
  • cranberries,
  • pineapple,
  •  banana,
  • coconut milk,
  • ice cubes and
  •  whey protein powder.




Thank you so much for visiting Girl Goes Running.  Have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)



5 comments:

  1. Great job with the training...keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courteney! Every day is not easy ;)

      Delete
  2. Your tat looks so good with your shoes on! Love how it's just barely visible!

    Back to school makes running SO hard for me. I've been really struggling to get up early...I've been doing most of my runs after work in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ali!

      I usually do my running after work as well during the school year. I actually enjoy them at that time. It allows me to decompress from my busy days. :)

      Delete
  3. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete