Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Tunes, Mail, Signage, Food and Smoothies!

Happy Tuesday!

Tempo Tunes
I'm totally jazzed about a few songs you should definitely add to your playlist.  Therefore, 'Tempo Tunes' is first on the list today. :)

1. First up: "Cruise," Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly.  AWESOME! This song also reminds me of my cousin Devin....lol.  Matt, Devin and I were listening to it on our way to St. John's recently. :)

2. Next in line: "Wake me up," by Avicii. Okay, this song definitely deserves more attention than it's getting, around these parts anyway. I think the only songs on our local radio stations are 'Blurred Lines' and 'Scream and Shout.' LOL.

3. Lastly, "I need your love," by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding...........This was my repeat song for the run today...hehe.  Do you have any 'repeat songs?'

On our way back to Nova Scotia during our vacation, we drove by Sydney Mines. This is the home of The Johnny Miles.  Winner of 2 Boston Marathons and the man who the Marathon in New Glasgow is named after.  You can find my recap of the Johnny full here.  I tried to zoom in to show you that there is a runner on the bottom of the sign with a caption that reads, "Home of Johnny Miles. Double Boston Marathon Winner."

Don't you want to go to Heatherton???? :D



Well, now that vacation is over it's back to normal healthy eating.  {and the crowd sighs}.
Last night's dinner was chicken breast with Mrs. Dash....I love that stuff, roasted broccoli & red peppers with Quinoa/Wild rice mix.  I have to say, it was tasty! ;)

I was super excited to check my mail yesterday......my Pro Compression Marathon Purples were here!!! I wore them on the run last night and boy oh boy, I got all kinds of stares.  I think people assume I'm wearing these tall socks to look 'cool.' Well, okay, that's partially it. ;) Along with the fact that they make my calves feel so good, especially after a long run or a race.  I'm definitely wearing these for my next marathon! Don't you love them!?
 
So, today's run was a easy 5 miler.  I headed down to the crushed gravel trail nearby because it feels much better to run on a softer surface after a race. Plus, I ran late yesterday. More like, last night.  And, I usually space my runs much further apart than 14 hours. 
 
When I returned home from running, this is what Lola was up to.  What else is new? Lol. <3
The Run
5 miles easy
41:18 minutes
8:15 pace/mile
Recovery
Today's recovery smoothie consisted of:
  • one banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
  • 1 orange
  • 6-7 ice cubes
  • 2 scoops of why protein powder
  • 1/2 cup coconut almond milk
Very refreshing!

I had to go return my lime green Garmin this afternoon. :(  Well, we just didn't get along at the Tely 10.....Lol.  I had a tricky time figuring out my pacing and time so I decided I'd just eventually suck it up and buy the model I'm currently used to.  I had to go to the Running Room to return the Garmin, which is near the....................................................Freak Lunchbox!  :D
I promise, I did not eat all these candy at once!
 Look what else came in the mail for me!  Run or Dye sent me a registration gift for registering with the first 100 runners. :0  There's a t-shirt, tattoos, bracelet and sticker. Yippee!  :D
Okay, here's your homework for tonight:
Be sure to try out my smoothie recipe and check out those three tunes!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

2 comments:

  1. I am totally adding Wake me Up to my playlist. I totally love your new compressions!!! What happened to ice cream in your smoothie? LOL
    Also jealous of your run or dye package...how did that happen? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha....the ice cream is finito!

      I don't know how that run or dye thing happened.....lol....we can share the tattoos. :D

      Delete