Tuesday, 23 July 2013

S'mores by the fire and Hilly Run

Happy Tuesday!

I am writing you today from Gaultois, Newfoundland.  It is the town where I grew up and am now home visiting family.  It is so great to see people who you don't get to see often. :)



Check out this spectacular view!

We started off our first night home with a nice fire and of course, s'mores.  How good are these bad boys!?
 

 
Today's temperature was real nice and cool with overcast skies.  A great contrast to the high humidity and heat I've been training in in Halifax. :D

The route for this morning's run was somewhat hilly, one might say....lol.  To go for a run here requires some real careful footing and awareness of step.  Therefore, pace takes a backseat.  I ran up towards a pond with a gravel dirt road leading up to it.  I basically ran up and back up and back for a total of 3.7 miles.  It felt great to get a run in.  Especially after two days of sitting and travelling!

The Run
3.7 miles
31:49 minutes
8:36 pace/mile
As it looks, I may possibly be going fishing this afternoon.  If you can imagine that! Lol.  I'll let you know how that goes. ;)
 
Thanks for paying me a visit and I hope  you are having an awesome day!
 
Run Happy,
Heather :)
The Tely 10 is in 5 days!!!

6 comments:

  1. That's the trail you run on??? Crazy footing for sure! I want to see more pics, especially of you fishing. Hehehe!

    Think of how well rested your legs will be for the Tely 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the fishing pics...it was so much fun!

      funny thing is that running these short hilly runs here is actually giving me sore quads. I'll probably rest on Friday and Saturday. :)

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog - it's always nice to find a fellow NS running blogger! Enjoy your time in NFLD and good luck in the Tely 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,
      Thanks for paying me a visit. :)
      I'll surely be checking out your blog!

      Don't worry, I'll definitely recap the Tely 10 when I get back to NS on Monday.

      Delete
  3. Way to kill it on your run! Nice pace! Yummy smores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin,
      thanks for stopping by and visiting. It's always nice to 'meet' new readers.

      Those smores were amazing! I'm pretty sure I could eat 20 of them. :D

      Delete