Thursday, 25 July 2013

Last training run

Today was my last training run before the Tely 10.  I always find that during the Taper Week I run best races when I've rested two days before the race, {no running on Friday or Saturday}. 

You're probably wondering why I've been doing such short slow runs here while on my vacation.  Well, the truth is that anywhere around here you run, there are hills. And huge rocks.  Therefore, my quadriceps are taking a beating.  I know that I've trained super hard all summer too so I know my body will not 'forget' how to run come Sunday morning. :) 

Now, this is a picture of my mom's marvellous Lemon Cheesecake.  I love when I come home and she makes one of these.  Since we all love it so much it actually only lasts a day. :( 

And here's Lola soaking up every bit of vacation by catching up on her beauty rest.  She's a pro at napping.

It was another soggy run today.  But I'd take that over crazy heat any day!  Here are some of the shots I took on today's run.  I carried my trusty Ziploc baggie again today.  I know you're probably wondering why I'm not using my arm band that I just bought, but I actually left it in Halifax.
 I am sorry that I look so awfully unattractive post-run...lol.  I will have to post a pic of me in 'regular' clothes some day so you don't think my closet consists of just shorts, sneakers and singlets.  Lol.

The Run
4 miles
34:25 minutes
8:36 pace/mile

So when I got home from running, my mom had just finished making up a 'Fish Stew.' It's made from Cod fish, potatoes, onions and a few other things that I have no idea of.  I enjoyed two bowls! :D

This is what my Nimbus 15s will be up to for the remainder of the day----drying out. :S  They are soaked through and through. 

I read an article today about this year's top contenders for the Tely 10 road race. Wow....last years female winner ran the ten mile race in 58:57! I am so curious how their legs and feet are able to move so fast???

Tomorrow we head off to St. John's, Newfoundland to visit the rest of my family.  I am really hoping to be able to post at some other point during our trip. 

Don't forget, the Tely 10 is in 3 days!!!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

6 comments:

  1. Today was 100% humidity...sticky gross!!

    That fish stew looks YUMMY!!!!

    You are going to rock Tely 10 - stomp all over those 'fasties'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.......I'm hoping to stomp all over the town! lol :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a great time in Gaultois...my mouth is actually watering right now...I want it all!! Tell your mom if she comes to Carla's for a visit (which is just around the corner from me) I'd be happy to come for that meal...lol
    I drove the Tely route this morning and up until that point I wasn't really excited...but I just picked up my race kit so now the pre race nervousness has kicked in...the shirt is actually nice for a change. Hope I see you at some point!! Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great seeing you at the Tely! You had a fantastic run!!

      I'm sure my mom would love to make some of her fish stew for you, ;) And I'm sure she loved the shout-out in my blog....haha.

      Delete
  3. Mmm, fish stew looks amazing. So glad you're getting some time in NFLD with the family. Good Luck in the Tely 10! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, it IS amazing! LOL.

      Thanks for the luck wishes :)

      Delete