Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Wet Wednesday!

Hi there!

It's super incredible that it's already Wednesday evening!!! Time is zipping by.....or at least that's how it feels for me. 

Tempo Tunes
Let's start off our night with two songs that are sure to make your next run more enjoyable! (or at least I hope so). :D

1. Rachel suggested this to me a few days ago....and I have to say, I may have played it more than once on a 5km run.....just sayin'.  lol. It's Florence and the Machine, "Shake it out."  I've never ran to this song before, as I thought it was a little slower. Turns out, I was not correct....it's very great on the run.  Give it a listen! :)

 
2.  Next up are those darn catchy Lumineers! LOL.  How is it that every song of theirs' is like a brain worm for me???  That's what my grade 5s call a song that gets stuck in your head....lol. This one is "Stubborn Love," by The Lumineers.....also very awesome. 
 
Enjoy!
Feedback
Speaking of Rachel's song suggestion, you can also leave feedback now in my "Comments" section below.  I have FINALLY figured out how to allow readers without g-mail or blogger accounts to comment.....Just make sure you choose the 'anonymous  profile.'  

GGR Comment Rules!  ;)
My blog is meant to be a positive avenue that allows me to gush about my running, training and of course, eating! :D  Therefore, if you are to leave a comment, be sure to remain courteous.  I always welcome advice, tips, etc., but in a respectful manner. :)

Can't wait to hear from you!

Compression Obsession????
Okay, how much am I loving my compression socks!?  I had never actually worn them until the medics in the medical tent at the Boston Marathon suggested them as a part of my recovery. I was surely happy to try out the hot pink Zensah Compressions I had bought in days previous at the Expo.  My first few runs with my compression socks were a few training runs before I actually raced in them. As you know, never try anything 'new' on Race Day!!!

Check out my 'Energetic Argyles' from Lunatik Athletiks
 

I am planning on sporting these babies at the Johnny Miles Marathon!

Needless to say I got many looks when I ran in the trail with my knee-high hot pink socks on....lol! 


During a race, it's different.  People show up at the start line wearing all kinds of 'interesting' outfits, costumes or just shocking running attire. 
 What's the strangest thing you've seen a runner wear at a race?

This pic was added simply to prove to you just how close Miss Lola
gets to me during my ab workouts! Isn't she pretty!? <3
Other Notables
Below you will see the July edition of Runner's World Magazine.  Reading the race day recounts from various other runners/volunteers/spectators/organizers, etc. certainly created crystal clear memories of April 15th for me. While I was reading it, I couldn't help but wonder "Where was I at that moment?" 

There's a whole section on Bill Iffrig as well.  Not sure who he is? Well, you've definitely seen him I'm sure.  He's the infamous runner wearing the orange singlet who was knocked off of his feet approaching the finish line when the two bombs detonated. I'm happy to see that he picked himself up and is okay.   

Have you checked this issue yet?
Wednesday's Run
Tonight was a short and sweet 5km....as it's Taper time.  I ran by Heidi's and saw her waving in the window! I love seeing people I know on the run. :) 

The Run
3.1 miles
24:02 minutes
7:39 pace 

Source

 Food for thought
And, just because I feel the need to take pics of what I'm eating, lol...here's a look at a dish I whipped up on Tuesday evening for dinner.  It's brown rice with LOADS of chopped vegetables, (broccoli, carrots, red, orange and green bell peppers, as well as white and green onion). Nothing fancy, but certainly delish!
Well, I'm off now to grade some Grade 5 Science quizzes on "The Nervous System," lol.....so for now it's 'Good night.'  I'll keep you posted on the lead-up to this Sunday's Marathon. 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

P.S. The Johnny Miles Marathon is in 4 days!

8 comments:

  1. I really want some awesome socks. They are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check online at Pro Compression. They had a 40% sale on...I think it's still going. :D

      Delete
  2. love the socks! Comment love is important, no hatin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I like your blue ones too....we just need them in every colour! ;)

      Delete
  3. Having read this I thought it was extremely informative.

    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this content
    together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of
    time both reading and posting comments. But so what,
    it was still worth it!

    Look at my web blog - Tory Burch Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoah this weblog is magnificent i really like reading your
    posts. Stay up the great work! You recognize, a lot of people are looking
    around for this information, you could aid them greatly.



    Here is my web blog: Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back later in life. I want to encourage you to continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!

    Also visit my web-site: Louis Vuitton Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete