Saturday, 22 June 2013

Saturday Shenanigans

Hey there,
 
How fabulous is your Saturday so far? :)
 
My day started out great! First off, it's the weekend so I mean really there's not much to complain about. And in case anyone was wondering, a week from now I will officially be on Summer Vacation....hooray! :D
Source
I finally got out for a RUN this morning....a run that didn't suck! I didn't tell you about Thursday evening's run  hobble did I??? Have you ever been working all day and been totally consumed in what you were doing that you didn't really make time to eat enough? Well, I did.  This meant that I arrived home playing the oh so fun game of 'how much food can I devour in these cupboards and the fridge?'  Don't get me wrong, I do love that game.  It just doesn't go well with a much anticipated run following a marathon. 
 
I had planned an easy 3 mile run.  It was beautiful outside too and so many people were out running.  My legs felt relatively loose, considering it was the first attempt I'd made at running since Sunday's marathon. I was quite surprised.  Long story short, the run involved much indigestion and a battle with a persistent side stitch. Not to mention the fact that I felt like I was going to puke.  :S
 
The Run
3.1 miles
25:21
8:11 pace
 
On a brighter note, today's run (Saturday) in the trail was MUCH better. :) 
 
The Run
8 miles
1hr 5 min
8:08 pace

Food :)
I think I'm addicted to oatmeal.  Is that even possible? I'm sorry that I put so many pics of my breakfast up for you to see....hehe. 
 
Matt and I were actually commenting yesterday that these strawberries (in my oatmeal below) were by far the best we'd had in a super long time. They are from a local grocery store and I can't believe how tasty they were.
 
In case  you're wondering about the bottom left corner picture, it's more Fro Yo from Yeh!  :D Courteney, Heidi and myself headed downtown today to do some shopping and you can no longer go downtown without heading to Yeh.  It's totally awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone.  :) 
 

 
 
The picture of the uncooked veggies on the right is actually in the oven right now.  :D  
 
I've loved these potatoes for a long time now and can never get enough.  Try them out! 
 
Red baby potatoes (chopped), green and red pepper, EVOO and one package of onion seasoning and bake until roasted to your liking.
  Enjoy!

Our downtown excursion would not be complete without visits to: Lulu lemon and The Running Room.  Below you will see some of my finds :D  I also bought more gels, but I figure you've seen enough exciting pictures of Gu packages.  You're Welcome! :)
Totally awesome new Lulu strappy sports bra, hot pink wicking socks from Running room and of course, a foam roller....recommended by Courteney and Heidi.  :D
 
Okay, so as we indulged in our spectacular frozen yogurt, this was our view:  Outdoor Yoga on the rooftop of a pizza place. If I had not just clocked off a solid 8 miler, this would have made me want to go work out! LOL. 
 
And, last but not least, a cute picture of Lola. :) 
 
I'm eating breakfast here and she's on high alert for any dog that dares go near her front lawn.  For real!  ;)  Her little growls make me laugh since she's scared of her own shadow.  hehe.  
 
I hope your weekend is kicking butt!
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)

P.S. The Epic Canadian 5km is in 7 days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl...you needed to zoom in on that yoga shot....that one really doesn't do it justice. :-)
    Fun times!!

    ReplyDelete