Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Foam rollers, Field trips and Hot Runs

Happy Wednesday!

I just have to tell you that I am aaaaaaaaalmost on Summer Vacation! I'm not excited at all. ;)

 My main goals for this Summer will be:
1. Visit my family in NL
2. Get in spectacular shape :D I plan to bike much more and do more weight training. 
3. Relax :D This one sort of counteracts with #2, lol.
4. Run in as many races as my body and health will permit.  Also doesn't gel with #2, lol.
5. Hang out with Lola during normal work hours :D
6. Go out to dinner with Matt more often, like maybe during the week! ;)

Foam Roller
Well, Courteney and Heidi promised me that this foam roller would change my life.  Funny thing is, Lola strongly disagrees and thinks it's a brand spankin' new toy for her:
 
Finally she gave up and decided to just bark at it while I rolled.  Because that's how she rolls. ;)
 
Hot run
Well, Tuesday was actually the hottest day ever in the history of the world I think am certain.  At lunch when I walked to a local coffee shop by my school I stepped outside and could actually feel sweat rolling down my back. Nice. When I checked the humidity factor it was reading 38 freakin' degrees!!! On my way home from work it had cooled all the way down to 36.  Insert jaw drop here, as I have to go run in this heat/humidity. 
 
The Run
Super hot
5 miles
40:36
8:08 pace
 
Earlier on Tuesday, I took my Primary/One class on a field trip to Point Pleasant Park.  It wasn't as much of a cooker down there since it was along the ocean. :)  Okay, if you have never been here, go! It's gorgeous.  I was totally envious of all the runners striding by as I was scavenger-ing with the little ones, although that was also super fun. ;)  I texted Matt and Courteney to tell them I am planning on coming here for many runs during my Summer Vacation, did I mention that to you yet? Let's add Summer goal
 #7 Run in Point Pleasant Park :)
Point Pleasant Park Halifax.
Double Race Weekend
Yes, you read that correctly. Courteney and I are planning on doing the Epic Canadian 5km on Saturday morning and the Bedford 5km on Sunday morning!  Double races = double bling, and I'm ALL about that. ;)  I'm super sure I will not PB, since I suck at 5ks, lol.  Plus my legs still are not the freshest since the Johnny Full last Sunday.  You can find links to these races on my Race Itinerary page. :)
 
Stay tuned!
Thanks so much for reading my rambling thoughts about running.  And, don't worry, over the summer, I'll be blogging much more.....so let's make that Summer goal #8 Blog as much as possible!
 
Run Happy!
Heather :)

4 comments:

  1. Gah, so jealous of your blingy weekend! Not every race has to be a PB.... just run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! What's the next race for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started making my summer list.
    1. Go horseback riding, I've never done it before.
    2. Run the Sackville trail, for a 12k run
    3. Go kayaking
    4. Have a picnic at Peggy's Cove

    I'm going to keep adding to it...thanks for giving me the idea of setting up a 'to-do' list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem! I have a few other gardening things I should have added as well... :)

      Delete