Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Don't let this happen to YOU!

Hey there!

Tempo Tunes
I am so excited to share this week's Tempo Tunes with you! :D

1.  The Icelandic group Of Monsters and Men is rapidly becoming my favourite group. Matt and I love their music! My favourite song right now is "King and Lionheart."  Check it out....

 
2. Okay, here's a fun song to add to your running playlist.  Check out "Blurred Lines," by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell Williams. There are so many elements to the song I like, but I love the 'hey hey hey hey' part ;) 
 
 
Don't let this happen to you!
So after Sunday's amazing 20 miler, I hydrated with a cranberry/orange/banana/protein smoothie.  :D  Then, I went down for my much sought after shower when.............OUCH!  You know it, major chaffing.....on my back!?  I made sure to slather Vaseline all over my ribcage on the front, where I normally chafe.....and that worked.   I am pretty certain my fuel belt was the culprit for this though.  Take a look: 

The battle scars extend over to the other side as well, but you wouldn't
believe how tricky it was to get a pic of my back...LOL. 
In case you are ever wondering what type of protein powder I use, this is it. :D  I prefer the Vanilla, and Matt likes the Strawberry. Check out how environmentally friendly the container is.  You can compost the outer shell and the inside goes into your clear recycling bag!
My counter looks like this because
I am in the middle of run/dinner prep, lol.
 

Also, please try these little bitty snack crackers out. I bought them at the Health Food Store nearby my school.  They are super crispy if you enjoy snacking on that type of textured foods as I do. :D They are also Gluten free if that sort of thing appeals to you.  :)  I will warn you, you cannot just eat one! 
Tuesday's run
4.22 miles (do this 10x and you'd have a full marathon!)
31:24 minutes
7:26 pace
                                     
 
I wore this tank from Old Navy on the run and <3'd it!

Upcoming Races
I have to tell you the spectacle that Courteney and I took part in last night.  Oh boy!  We received e-mails, as I'm sure many of you did, about the September Colour Run: Run or Dye. The message informed us that registration was open at 8:00 p.m.  Yay!

Soooooo, after excitedly entering in all our data and hitting 'Submit,' the system crashes, (insert whiney tune music here).  Uncertain and worried I'd not get in, I continued to click 'Submit' like a mad lady.  Courteney finally got in....and everyone cheered! :D  LOL. 

I was still left out with my status of 'processing'....finally. However, it appeared to be 'processing' for an insane amount of time.  I gave Courteney my credit card number to try on her computer and voila---Heather's IN!.....and everyone gave a cheer!  Okay, just Courteney and I,  hehe. 

Now, I am just left wondering if my Visa bill will have paid for Run or Dye a zillion times....I'll keep you posted! ;)

Well, off I march again.  Thanks so much for reading my post!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

P.S.  Tomorrow, Wednesday/June 5, is National Running Day! You'd better be lacing up those shoes! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment