Thursday, 30 May 2013

New Gear, Changing Weather and Lola's Birthday

Hey there,

I hope you're finding a way to 'chill out' in this unexpected humidity.  My hair is just stylin'.  Not!  The weather has been very wonky since our last week of complete rain/drizzle.  I've had chilly, windy, rainy, and humid hot runs all within the past 4 days.  I just have no clue how to dress. So tonight, I dressed like a watermelon.  Yep....that's what I said. I think it was in my head since I read Hungry Runner Girl's Blog and she has been on a watermelon craze.  When my new shorts arrived, I was psyched to try them out.  Courteney has the same pair...I am hoping to convince her to dress as twins at our next race, ;)


"I don't think there's anything in this package for me...
but I'll sit for treats!"
Ready to run in my new zippy green speed shorts.  The tank is last year's Lulu purchase.  It is my favourite racing shirt and has the built-in bra.  :)

The Run
5 miles
37:29
7:29 pace

Random things I've been up to this week
Getting a hair trim.....a much needed hair trim!  I go to a hair design school to get my hair cut.  I don't get any fancy foils, ombre, perms, or colours so I get the students in training to use my head as practice, and pay a very modest price I might add.  :D 
  My face...LOL...Clearly not ready for the camera! 


I stopped by the drug store on Tuesday after my haircut and bought two new nail colours.  I love to make my nails all flashy for a race.  Give it a try! I used bold purple for the Blue Nose and I'm definitely using that snazzy orange for Johnny Miles!



 


I met up with Nadia after work on Wednesday.  Check out this marvellous Mocha I had at the Ireland 32 Café!  Yes, it was as good as it looks.  :D









Lola's Big Day
My most loyal BFF celebrated her big 5th birthday this week. :) 
    
Guess who had a birthday this week! 

Her favourite place to venture: The playground.  :)

We spent a lot of the day doing some of Lola's favourite things.  She got a super long walk, some yummy treats, a gift from Milo, a new toy plush bone and even a timbit!   
 

Hydrating
Now that the warmer humid temperatures are upon us, hydrating is more important than ever.  Your body loses a great amount of fluid through sweat loss as it is, so when you are running in the heat be sure to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after your run to avoid dehydration.  Remember, don't wait until you're thirsty to drink!  I've made the mistake of not taking fluids on the run in high temperatures, and gotten confused and nauseated.  No joke---Drink up!
Taking Hungry Runner Girl's suggestion on the watermelon, lol.
Who says you can't rehydrate with fruit?! :D
 So, our Green Team Party is tomorrow at work.  I'm in charge of bringing juice packs and COOKIES! Thanks to Courteney for suggesting this Pudding Cookie Recipe to me a little while back.  I have to say, they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I am totally hoping all of the kids/teachers eat them tomorrow and there are none left for me to bring home :S 
 
Off to bed I go.  Tomorrow is Friday and there is only one month of school to go until Summer Vacation---I am totally psyched!
 
Happy running and I hope to see you on the roads!
 
Cheers,
Heather :)
P.S. The Sole Sisters 5km is in 9 days!

2 comments:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    Also visit my homepage - sffronx (http://www.buddhistv.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just wanted to mention, I loved this blog post.
    It was practical. Keep on posting!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage Lifting and Cardio

    ReplyDelete