Hope you're having a super week so far! I have a 4 day week, so I can't complain about that. :)
It was awesome having so many people ask about my Blue Nose run today as I returned to work following the long weekend. I had a co-worker tell me she saw my name in the paper and a couple of students told me they saw me during the race on Sunday!
|Check me out on the faaaaaar left! Thanks Blue Nose Facebook page for the pic. :)|
1. If you haven't heard this song yet, where have you been!? LOL. Just kidding. I love it! It's "Get Lucky," by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams.
2. Since we are onto Daft Punk, I will re-suggest another favourite for chipping at hills during repeats! ;) It's Da Funk, by Daft Punk. Note: The video is totally weird! LOL. But, the song is awesome for running!!! Trust Me :D
On Second thought: Here's the link without the weird video: Da Funk......You're Welcome! :D
Well, yesterday (Monday) was a complete rest day for me. I had planned a nice bike ride in the trail to flush out my legs after the 1/2 Marathon. I got all my gear on and ready to go. Cruised down the street about 1/2 a kilometre and heard a weird 'wooshing' sound. :S Yep, tire needed air. So, like a loser, I walked my bike home....btw, it had started raining at this point. Lol, I know what you're thinking.....'Great day!' Not!
So, anyway back to Tuesday's Run. I was very uncertain if I would run today or not. But I quickly decided to go when I saw other people out running on my way home from work. Easy decision. Seeing others run has been my motivation to get my butt out the door on many occasions!
Easy shake out
My legs felt great and it was so refreshing to run in the drizzling rain. Ahhhhhh :D
Random Running Thoughts
Yes it's back: the latest version of Heather's Random Running thoughts. Enjoy!
- I'm so glad I finally got my butt out the door.
- God, I love running!
- I bet my face looks serious now. I should try to look a little more happy.......not too smiley so that I look kind of crazy though.
- Those nachos were so good on Sunday night!
- It's a good thing I'm not running to lose weight....what a battle that would be!
- I bet some of my neighbours think I am running to lose weight!
- They probably know me as "that girl who always runs," LOL
- What can I have for supper tonight????
- Why am I always thinking about food????
- Hold back on your virtual SLAP: My belly feels jiggly when I run---time for more abs! LOL.
- Okay teenage boy, you should probably look up while you ride your scooter, wearing headphones and texting! This speedy chick will barrel you ovaaaaa! Lol........good he saw me, but only within maybe 2 metres!!!
- Look how cuuuuute that little doggie is!
- I wonder what Lola's up to now. Probably sleeping on the couch. :)
- Aaaaaand I miss "Coronation Street" again tonight!!!!
What's your next big race????