Friday, 3 May 2013

Abs, Supper, and Tunes

Happy Weekend everyone!
 
Tempo tune
I've received feedback that having 'Tempo Tune(s)' at the beginning is a good idea.  :)  So, here it is: 

The newest addition to my playlist includes David Guetta's "She Wolf" (ft. Sia).  I could run to anything David Guetta....I swear.  :)  I hope you enjoy it.  Check it out:

I have been awaiting this moment [the weekend] all week.....duhh.  We've had parent-teacher interviews this week and with teaching two classes I had a double dosage of progress meetings....exhausting! 

 
But I still managed to sneak in my evening runs. Monday was 5 miles, Tuesday 7 miles, Wednesday was 3 miles.  Thursday was strength since I decided to give my loyal legs a rest.  I have to say, they've been very good to me. :)

Today was running club again at school---every Monday and Friday.  It was a beautiful sunny day to run with the kids.  They are so funny to watch sometimes...lol.  They burst out into full sprint and then crash a few moments later.  Some were out in jeans, others in shorts....quite the mixture of running attire, but hey, they're running.  :)
 
The run: 25-30 minutes at easy conversational pace.

Newest Core Workout
Well, I've sampled a 'new to me' ab workout this past week, and boy is it a good one! It's called 8 minute abs that includes the most cliché elevator music ever.....seriously, lol. 

It was suggested to me by Courteney and Heidi, as they've discovered it on the Hungry Runner Girl's Blog.  I honestly thought, 'hey, it's only 8 minutes.  That's nothing!'  However, it was not until later today that I felt the wrath of this deceivingly short workout.  Oh boy!  I'll be adding this one to my 'Online Resources' section.

Give it a go! Don't worry, it is not required that you wear those same matching blue spandex, although I strongly recommend that you do. ;) 

Super Simple Supper
I don't know about you, but when I get home from working all day, I'm usually zonked! Sometimes the last thing I want to do is prepare a big meal.  However, as avid runners, Matt and I usually have appetites that sky rocket through the roof.....no joke. Fast dinners are essential throughout the week because.................

When I arrive home from work, I have to
  • Walk Lola
  • Do dinner prep
  • Run (distance/time varies)
  • Shower
  • Cleaning/Laundry (Oh my goodness, we have constant influx of laundry....what is up with that?) LOL
  • School work :(
  • Eat with Matt :)

Here's a quick easy supper that is filling and nutritious:

Grilled Chicken breasts with seasoning, roasted broccoli and whole wheat bowties (tossed in EVOO with clubhouse seasoning).  The seasoning is "Roasted Garlic and Peppers," and tastes fabulous! 
not too fancy, but does the trick!


Well, TGIF and thanks for stopping by.
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
 
P.S. The Bluenose 1/2 Marathon is in 16 Days!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find your tempo tunes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Various places: radio, tv, facebook. Sometimes I "Like" an artists page and they recommend songs. I either add or ditch them, lol.

      Delete