song(s) as you read. Aren't I nice? :)
- Check out my favourite song right now: STAY, by Rihanna ....omg, I listen to this song so loud in my car and sing along just like a nut! It is my fav!!! I don't know how you would feel about running to it, but I used it on repeat for tonight's 5 mile tempo run. :)
- Okay, I apologize for not suggesting this awesome song before now. You've probably heard it by now, but I just LOVE running to this, and driving to this :D It's Don't you worry child, by Swedish House Mafia. Check it out!
As a part of our School Staff, we each sign up to be on 'Kitchen Duty' for a month. April was my month...yay me! ;) along with my teaching partner. We brought in some healthy treats for our coworkers on Monday so I decided to bring in Mango Salsa. I got this recipe from the secretary, we'll call her J, from my previous school. When J brought it in last year, I didn't know it had mangoes in it, until after I ate five or so scoops of it. I was stunned!
Not surprisingly, the salsa was a huge hit at work and did not disappoint, as the bowl was completely empty. :D Here's the recipe:
- 1 ripe mango sliced into chunks
- 1/2 a large sweet onion sliced into chunks
- 1 red pepper (ditto on slicing)
- 1 and 1/2 jalapeno peppers sliced finely
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- a dash of vinegar
- mix all ingredients together and serve with scoopables, or my favourite: blue corn chips :D
These mangoes are not radioactive. The sun was super bright....lol.
5 miles (8km) at Tempo pace.
The Run: 5 miles 7:35 pace
A note that choked me up <3
So I was randomly looking through a bunch of papers in class today (P/1), and stumbled upon this note a little girl in grade one wrote the day after the Boston Marathon. Have a look:I am so thankful for all my blessings!
Well, it's off to bed for me. Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. The Bluenose Marathon is in 20 days!