Monday, 29 April 2013

Tunes, Salsa and Note

I've decided to start off with a Tempo Tune section for this post.  That way you can listen to the
song(s) as you read.  Aren't I nice?  :) 
  • Check out my favourite song right now:  STAY, by Rihanna ....omg, I listen to this song so loud in my car and sing along just like a nut! It is my fav!!! I don't know how you would feel about running to it, but I used it on repeat for tonight's 5 mile tempo run.  :)
  • Okay, I apologize for not suggesting this awesome song before now. You've probably heard it by now, but I just LOVE running to this, and driving to this :D  It's Don't you worry child, by Swedish House Mafia.  Check it out!
Enjoy!

Mango Salsa
As a part of our School Staff, we each sign up to be on 'Kitchen Duty' for a month. April was my month...yay me!  ;) along with my teaching partner.  We brought in some healthy treats for our coworkers on Monday so I decided to bring in Mango Salsa.  I got this recipe from the secretary, we'll call her J, from my previous school.  When J brought it in last year, I didn't know it had mangoes in it, until after I ate five or so scoops of it.  I was stunned!  

Not surprisingly, the salsa was a huge hit  at work and did not disappoint, as the bowl was completely empty.  :D Here's the recipe:
  • 1 ripe mango sliced into chunks
  • 1/2 a large sweet onion sliced into chunks
  • 1 red pepper (ditto on slicing)
  • 1 and 1/2 jalapeno peppers sliced finely
  • 1/2 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
  • 2 tsp of lemon juice
  • a dash of vinegar
  • mix all ingredients together and serve with scoopables, or my favourite: blue corn chips :D
    These mangoes are not radioactive. The sun was super bright....lol.
     
Monday evening run:
5 miles (8km) at Tempo pace. 
The Run:  5 miles  7:35 pace







A note that choked me up <3
So I was randomly looking through a bunch of papers in class today (P/1), and stumbled upon this note a little girl in grade one wrote the day after the Boston Marathon.   Have a look:
Translation: "Ms. Lee was at the Boston Marathon and in the middle of the race, people put bombs on and 3 people died and 3 or 2 people got really hurt a lot. But Ms. Lee did not get hurt. 
She was an hour from the bomb." 


I never ever thought I'd be reading a note about myself that also included bomb explosions that was written by one of my students, (and that wasn't fiction)
I am so thankful for all my blessings!

Well, it's off to bed for me.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Running,
Heather :)


P.S. The Bluenose Marathon is in 20 days!

2 comments:

  1. *scribbles down recipe* Looks delicious.

    And we seem to have similar tastes in music too... my current favorite is Stay. And I'm also going o admit that I love Inner Ninja. My 4-year-old loves it too and breaks out in these crazy dance moves that crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that one a try! :)

      Delete