Sunday, 28 April 2013

Springy Sunday!

Wow, what a gorgeous day out there!

 I got all set to go run in my new blue capris (which I love) and a tank, with a long sleeve on top.  I headed down to the trail and I could tell, it was going to be a great day for a run.  Sunny skies with a nice breeze. I love how the trail is somewhat sheltered from the wind so that you still get the benefits when you are warm, but it doesn't usually get crazy windy.  :)

My goal was to run somewhere between 8-10 miles today pain-free, as I feel that my legs are still recovering from the Marathon, (2 weeks ago tomorrow).  Now, I'm telling you, whatever L did yesterday certainly worked! My legs felt much more loose today and my strides were more fluid.

Stopped to show you just how cool these capris actually are!
 Look, I also got almost all the blood out of my right shoe :)
I ended up seeing several runners in the trail.  One guy who I always see every Sunday running, but don't really know well, yells out, "Congratulations!!!" I smile and thank him as we were passing by in opposite directions. He is referring to my Marathon of course....unless he meant my totally cool pants which I had just purchased---maybe?  ;)

The Run 11.74 miles Pace 8:02 :)

It was such a beautiful day, when I returned home I made myself a smoothie and enjoyed it out on the back deck with Lola.  It was made with oranges, banana, cranberries, protein powder and ice cubes. Very refreshing!


Yes, I bought everything labelled "Boston Marathon" that I possibly could...lol.

I have to head out now to buy some ingredients to make Mango Salsa to take to work tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it goes, and of course, I'll take pics.  :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Running,
Heather :)


P.S. The Bluenose 1/2 Marathon is in 21 days!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new pants! When I was in gymnastics, I was aaalllll about flashy. Now, all my running stuff is bland... I need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I love them as well. They were in yellow at the Boston Marathon expo....I wasn't bold enough for that-lol. I do love the blue ones. You can get them at Sport check :)

    ReplyDelete