Thursday, 25 April 2013

Life is Better When You're Running :)

Happy Thursday---I say that because you know what tomorrow is :D Friday!

 I am thoroughly looking forward to this weekend.  I am so going to enjoy sleeping in on Saturday, which will probably be no later than 7:15....Lola! lol.  I also am eager to catch up on some much needed Coronation Street.....I don't know what's going on, but when I was leaving to go run tonight, Stella and Carl kissed!!!!  Come on Stella, don't you know what a scum bag he is!? 

I had my first awesome run tonight following the Marathon (April 15th).  I felt confident that I am on the road to recovery. :) Any run feels like it's no big deal- distance wise- following a Marathon.   It was a super muggy and humid run......so what do I do?  Obviously overdress!  The run: 5 miles 7:53 pace.  Not super speedy, but pain-free :D 

 

Check out my latest new romance :) This is the most awesome PB!  It has honey in it.....how can it not be good?! I very much enjoy arriving home from work and indulging in a huge spoonful straight out of the jar---classy.  ;) 
 
Okay, my 'Treat-cation' is officially over....as of right now.......I promise.  "Treat-cation" is my word for eating basically any treat you want following a full marathon, because "I deserve it." Or so I think I do?....hehe. Well, after expressing my disgust to Courteney tonight about my post marathon body, I realized two things: 1. She probably thinks I'm crazy, and 2. I need to get back into my ab routine! My guilty pleasures, in case you're wondering, other than the above mentioned PB w/honey--YuM, were things like chocolate, cheese, cookies, and more cheese.  My favourite is the Havarti with jalapenos.  :D  But from here on in, it's clean healthy eating.  I love this pic from Cait Chock designs: 
LOL.....how I feel right now.
 
So, my usual Post Marathon Blues only lasted a few days after Boston. I know, I just 'ran Boston!'  A feat in itself!  However, usually I become all 'un-motivated' after working insanely hard for 18 or so weeks for one big race following the finish.  However, in order to pre-empt these 'blues' and lack of motivation, I signed up for the 1/2 Marathon at the Bluenose this February when I was all 'Gung ho' during training.....smart, I know.  :)  Now I am only 24 days out from the race :D  I am pumped.  I previewed the race route tonight again.....they appear to have made a few slight changes. I don't know how I feel about doing the 'park' through kilometres 13-16?  Check it out:  http://bluenosemarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/02_TabloidHalf_2013.pdf
 
Running Tune
Okay, I usually call this 'Tempo Tunes,' however I feel this song is more like an easy run tune.  I downloaded it yesterday.  It's an oldie for sure:   I love it! "Closing Time," by Semisonic 
 
Well, I must go shower!  I literally blogged in my sweaty running gear.....don't tell! ;)
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
 
Bluenose is in 24 days!!!
 


2 comments:

  1. I am no marathoner... but I trained for my first 10k last week, ran it (with Courteney's help) and I haven't run since then. However, today I registered for the 10k at the Blue Nose, so now I have to get running again!

    Also, Closing Time is one of my all-time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Erin on your first 10k....that's a major accomplishment! I think you will enjoy the Bluenose 10k. I've run it twice now and had great experiences.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Heather :)

      Delete