Thursday, 11 April 2013

Boston Bound!

Hey guys,

So 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning I will be heading to B-Town! ;)  I can't even tell you how excited/nervous I am!  Last night's run was so exhilarating I zoomed through the first mile in 7:00 minutes, waaaay to fast for me, and got a side stitch..lol.  Now it's all rest up until the day before where I'll do a light easy run just to shake out the nerves. 


Monday morning, April 15, here I come!
I've been avidly checking the weather for Boston, MA and as of this morning there is sun and cloud for Monday with a low of 3 and a high of 14, winds 25km/hr.  I think that's pretty darn good weather, especially compared to last year's scorching temperatures. 

My coworkers are all asking, "when do you run again?"  I tell them Monday and then they are asking for my bib number to track me.....eek!  More motivation to run fast, ;)

All laundry is done....finally!  I placed my running shoes right by the door. How horrible would that be if I left without them, lol? 

Feel free to check on me during my run on Monday.  Remember I start at 10:20 Boston time, 11:20 in Nova Scotia and 11:50 in Newfoundland.  Bib # 14677!!!  Check out their website for a link to live race day coverage and individual runner tracking: The 117th Boston Marathon

I have been told by others who have run Boston to pace for the first 10km.  The course is deceivingly flat and fast at first apparently.  Then later is where the real race begins and things get tough.  We're actually staying in Newton, the home of the infamous Heartbreak Hill and Newton hills....fun times! I hope we get to preview the course before Monday so that I know what to expect.

I hear Kara Goucher, Elite American Marathoner, will be at the Nissan booth at the John Hancock Convention Centre Expo.  I am sooo taking her book and having her sign it if I see her.  I will go all celebrity nuts if I see her!!! :D

I am certain this will be a sweet sight come race day!
Just to clarify for anyone who thinks I have delusions of winning, haha, I don't.  I know I am in a field of the world's fastest marathoners and I am just lucky to be there! 

I'll check in after the race when I return home to give you all the details. Thanks for stopping by!



Happy Running,
Heather :)

Boston in 3!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment